North America / United States / NY / New York City
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 84283-en_US / 84283
Director, Corporate Development – 84283
Finance and Corporate Development – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Senior Director of Corporate Development is a member of the Corporate Development M&A team, accountable for all acquisition and divestment integration activities, tracking, and reporting across the company. In this role, you will orchestrate the full scope of planning and execution of Nielsen’s pre-and post-acquisition integration activities, aligning both strategic and tactical priorities, change management, TSA management, and C-level progress reporting. Owning the master integration playbook and PMO processes, including close collaboration with the business integration leadership is crucial for success in this role.
● For Acquisitions:
○ Develop and own the master integration plan and set KPIs in advance of close, including ongoing recalibration throughout the acquisition period.
○ Establish strong PMO leadership: Set up integration team and facilitate collaboration mechanisms, including tracking and reporting against the integration plan and established KPIs, pushing tactical accountability to task closure and KPI achievement.
○ Drive quick and efficient integration into established Nielsen back-office processes and teams (i.e. Infrastructure, Real Estate, HR, Corporate Platforms, etc).
○ Problem solves and/or connects with integration SMEs as needed.
○ Serve as the single point of contact with the acquired business team (and former parent if there is a TSA) to aid in the resolution of issue escalation as well as risk mitigation.
○ Strong change management skills and focus, including implementation of a well-coordinated and sequenced communication plan to all affected stakeholders
○ Coordinate with Senior Management on progress reporting and tracking to board case tied to closures. Formally close the project through team acknowledgment, lessons learned capture, and playbook updates.
○ Conduct post-mortem analysis on overall deal process, from diligence to integration, for continuous deal process improvement.
● For Divestment activities:
○ Develop separation plan including ongoing recalibration throughout the separation period.
○ Lead the development, negotiation, and approval of Transition Service Agreement and schedules in terms of content, timing, pricing, and ownership, leading as TSA service manager post-close
○ Track progress and accountability with new owner against on-time completion and closure of integration actions and services.
○ Follow established playbook and processes similar to acquisitions.
• 5-7+ years of relevant experience, ideally within the media industry
• BA/BS Degree
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,