North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 79532-en_US / 79532
Director of Product – 79532
Product Leadership – USA Emeryville, California
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. These customers rely on Gracenote to power and enrich their user experiences, featuring our comprehensive metadata products, as well as our industry standard machine learning and recognition technologies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Director of Product Management reporting to the VP of Product Management. This is a great opportunity to define, manage and launch new products that exhibit the pace and energy of a start-up environment, yet executed within a disciplined product organization.
Our Product Management team in Music seeks someone passionate about music publishing and metadata. The Director of Product Management will be responsible for leading product development efforts for our music rights products. The individual will collaborate with talented teams from Engineering, Content, Customer Experience and Sales organizations. Together, we help develop, deliver and maintain the next generation of Gracenote products through customer collaboration, business intelligence, market trends and data analysis.
- Clearly define and evolve product strategy based on insightful analysis of customer needs, market opportunities, and Gracenote core competencies.
- Deepen our understanding of customer requirements, workflows, and buying criteria.
- Facilitate engagement with key data partners.
- Ensure the product definition clearly articulates requirements and market needs to engineering, content and sales so that all aspects of development come together seamlessly throughout the product life cycle.
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders from technology, content, sales, and other functions.
- Be responsible for attaining the customer and financial success metrics for the product portfolio – be responsible for the financial health of products.
- Support the product go-to-market strategy as needed with customer visits, as well as product marketing and sales support.
- Drive market adoption, analyze performance, and enhance products as appropriate.
- Grow and manage product team.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in software, Internet, or content services product management or similar roles in management or consulting
- Data and technology business experience
- Music publishing industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of ownership and ability to drive issues to closure
- Critical thinking skills and ability to concisely represent a point of view
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing priorities, delegating, and influencing
- Strong coaching/mentorship style of leadership
- Strong team player mindset
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,