North America / United States / NY / Offsite
#: 97201-en_US / 97201
Director of Talent Strategy – 97201
Human Resources – USA Offsite, Offsite
The Talent Strategy team at Nielsen is a group of dedicated strategic advisors to our global business unit leaders (CXOs) and their leadership teams to drive business impact. The Talent Strategy team builds a high-performance organization by driving initiatives that support growth, innovation, organizational effectiveness, and the business objectives of their global business unit (BU). Talent Strategists maintain an independent voice and use their unique position in the organization to proactively lead key talent initiatives. The Talent Strategy Team has a deep understanding of and exemplifies “what great business strategy HR looks like” and how business cycles influence the talent agenda.
Summary of Role:
The Director, Talent Strategy provides senior level, strategic HR guidance to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer (CMCO), Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), and their leadership teams. The Talent Strategist is responsible for the formulation of the People strategy aligned to the business and overall HR strategy for the group. The Talent Strategist partners with local People Experience teams, dedicated COEs, and other functions to ensure best in class People strategy creation and deployment.
The Director, Talent Strategy is responsible for enabling the organization in identifying and closing talent and organizational gaps, improving organizational effectiveness, leading business unit change management, and aligning the overall talent strategy to the business unit strategy for growth and transformation. The Talent Strategist operates collaboratively in a matrix organization with Regional People Experience (HR service delivery) leads, Global HR COEs, and other functions to ensure best in class talent strategy that drives business impact.
Strategic Business Impact Advisor
- Act as a trusted advisor to the CMCO & CHRO and their leadership teams; coach, and consult to improve leadership capability, team effectiveness, and business performance
- Advise the leadership teams on the design and implementation of organizational solutions for priority business needs. Provide strategic HR insight into business unit organizational effectiveness/design, succession planning, talent assessment, talent development, leadership pipelines, and change management
- Support the business in making strategic and operational decisions, reflecting an understanding of broader cross functional implications and the imperative for sustained, profitable growth
- Participate in selection process for leadership roles and leadership onboarding
Talent Management Strategy and Delivery
- Use subject matter expertise to develop and deliver innovative talent management strategies that address the diverse needs of our business and our people (productivity, talent attraction, talent retention, etc)
- Elevate talent strategy by monitoring key talent metrics to identify talent related issues and root causes; recommend solutions aligned with talent plans
- Ensure consistent application of programs across the business unit and promote standardization by partnering with other HRs teams to create effective global solutions
- Conduct deep data analysis and research to ensure talent strategy is aligned to business objectives and proactively accounts for internal and external factors
- Build and own executable talent/workforce plans to support the strategy for future growth and business unit impact (workforce planning, hiring, development, reorganizations, workforce changes, M&A strategy, engagement survey after action planning, etc.) in partnership with COEs
- Conduct/support talent planning discussions and provide perspective on future key talent needs
- Summarize overall talent needs and action plans; facilitate the roll out of talent planning processes
- Monitor progress against action plans and provide updates to HR/business leadership as appropriate, flagging risks, issues etc.
Key Experience & Qualifications:
- An HR leader with a proven track record of taking the initiative and delivering results
- Creative thinker and idea generator
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 8+ years of HR experience
- Broad exposure to all HR functions including organizational development, change management, recruiting, workforce planning, compensation benefits and HR administration
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-changing, highly collaborative environment; preferred experience in supporting international teams
- Proven excellence in working cross-functionally
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Proven experience working at a strategic level
- Strong ability to form relationships and influence at a Sr. Executive level
- Able to partner with other members of the regional leadership team and find common ground to deliver an exceptional People Experience
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities
- Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City