North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 106524-en_US / 106524
Director, Product Management – Data Platform (Remote) – 106524
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Gracenote, a division of Nielsen, is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our customers include innovators like Amazon, Apple, Google, Tesla, CBS, Comcast, and other top media companies throughout the world. Our data and technology power billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world – you’ve probably used Gracenote data yourself in the past 24 hours. Simply put, data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
Director, Product Management – Data Platform (Individual Contributor)
Take ownership of Gracenote’s new Data Platform that is the central hub for millions of pieces of TV Entertainment data used by clients and partners daily. This integral part of the Gracenote infrastructure provides the critical services to structure and model data so it can be efficiently used by editorial, ingest, and delivery systems. This data powers the TV entertainment solutions for the top cable, OTT, CE, and digital clients worldwide used by hundreds of millions of consumers.
Workly closely with our Global Dataset and Delivery Product Managers to understand the business problems associated with creating and structuring complex TV entertainment data. Meld that into a clear product vision and roadmap that delivers a world-class data platform to serve their needs and enable their success.
As the product manager, partner with internal engineering teams, external partners, and internal stakeholders to prioritize and deliver your compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision.
Work closely with Data Architects to model and shape complex TV entertainment data into a unified data platform that will be used by internal consumers and clients alike.
- 8+ years of Technical Product Management experience
- 3+ years as a platform product manager
- Strong passion for building high-scalable platforms
- Comfortable with XML, JSON, SQL, and REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment as a Technical Product Manager: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with Data Architects to create data models that shape complex business data into a coherent structure that is extensible and scales.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- Experience in OTT, TV broadcast, or supporting customers who develop products for digital content consumption.
- Development experience with Gracenote, TMS, ROVI, or other structured entertainment databases a plus.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: CA – Los Angeles, Remote, WA – Seattle,