North America / Canada / ON / Markham
Client Service & Sales
#: 101762-en_US / 101762
Director, Solutions Consulting – Marketing ROI – 101762
Client Services and Sales – Canada Markham, Ontario
Director – Solutions Consultant is the lead technical and strategic resource for the Field and Inside Sales teams and must be a key technical advisor and evangelist for the company. The position is responsible for building technical understanding and credibility with prospective clients during the pre-sales process and help scope Client Services engagements where appropriate to ensure client success. They must also help formulate the sales strategy for each opportunity as well as the overall direction of the sales team in the Americas(not including the United States) with a focus on Canada. As an integral part of the sales team, the Director Solutions Consultant works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to pursue leads, demonstrate product capability, influence future Nielsen Marketing ROI sales strategy and effectively communicate the power of Nielsen solutions. Focus for this role will be on selling all Nielsen MROI solutions, focusing on Marketing Mix Modeling and Multi-Touch Attribution, but also must be able to guide how they fit into the larger Nielsen portfolio.
- Partner with Field and Inside Sales to pursue new business and existing client opportunities, supporting all aspects and phases of the Nielsen sales process.
- Partner with Field and Inside Sales to help create the team strategy for the region
- Help train and be an ongoing resource for Field and Inside Sales
- Evangelize and demonstrate Nielsen solutions to prospects, customers, and partners via presentations and product demonstrations.
- Understand client or prospective client challenges and strategically position Nielsen solutions.
- Expose Nielsen’s unique offering, overall value and competitive differentiation.
- Work independently with product management and engineering to provide real-time market feedback.
- Create solutions leveraging channel and technology partners.
- Respond to RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Along with Field Sales leadership, help to formulate consultative/solution sales methodology.
- Build and maintain prospect, client and partner relationships.
- Assist in developing and evolving best practices for Solution Consulting activities.
- Mentor members of Solutions Consulting team
- Understand local market dynamics and help to customize sales’ strategy based on the unique challenges
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise solution consulting, client service, client side leadership, or vendor management for Marketing Mix Modeling and/or Multi-Touch Attribution
- Knowledge of digital advertising technology and the associated vendor ecosystem.
- Experience demonstrating and strong understanding of SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of traditional and digital advertising
- Familiarity with many verticals, especially financial services, technology, telecommunications, and retail
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attitude and motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience in product development and creation of new product launch plans
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Markham,Ontario
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time