North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 109197-en_US / 109197
Director, Talent Strategy – Remote Optional – 109197
Human Resources – USA New York, New York
The Talent strategist team at Nielsen is a group of dedicated strategic advisors to our most senior Business leaders. Our Strategic Talent partners are data driven problem solvers, influential story tellers, and trusted coaches to the leaders they support. Talent Strategists maintain an independent voice and use their unique position in the organization to proactively support key talent initiatives. The People strategy team is responsible for incorporating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into the regular operating business plans of the verticals where they operate.
Summary of Role:
The Director, Talent Strategy provides senior level, strategic HR guidance to leaders and teams in our Global Product organization. These teams design and operationalize Nielsen’s suite of Products that provide Audience measurement, Outcomes and Content analytics and insights serving the Media and Advertising industries worldwide. Supporting these teams, the Director, People strategy is responsible for enabling the organization in identifying and closing talent and org. gaps, and for aligning the overall Talent strategy to our business imperatives. The Talent Strategist partners with local People Experience teams, dedicated COEs, and other functions to ensure best in class Talent strategy creation and deployment.
● Drive the strategy and delivery of organization effectiveness (planning, development, and design), change management (actively communicating), and talent programs
● Lead talent review discussions; provide strategic HR insight into business unit realignments, succession planning, talent assessment, talent development, and leadership pipelines
● Develop and execute on strategic workforce plan for business in partnership with COEs
● Advise senior team on the design and implementation of organizational solutions against priority needs, and coach and counsel business unit executives on issues pertinent to leadership, organizational effectiveness and change management
● Support the business in making strategic and operational decisions, reflecting an understanding of broader cross functional implications and the imperative for sustained, profitable growth
● Serves as the domain expert for organization and talent; provides subject matter expert recommendations and solutions to improve productivity, retention and attraction of employees based on external and internal factors, best practices and innovative solutions HR Strategy
● Ensure, through deep data analysis and research, that strategy is coherent and aligned to business needs
● Ensure integrated regional and global HR change management and communications approaches are being developed and implemented Talent Management Strategy
● Focus on developing innovative talent strategies that address the diverse needs of our business and our People
● Monitor overall effectiveness of HR programs and services by monitoring key talent metrics to identify and analyze People related issues, root causes, and possible leversfor solutions
● Ensure consistent application of programs across the various business units and promote standardization by creating practical and effective programs in partnership with other HR Teams Talent/Workforce Planning
● Overall responsibility for the Talent Planning process execution
● Conduct/support talent planning discussions and provide perspective on future key talent needs
● Facilitate the roll out of talent planning processes
● Summarize overall talent needs and action plans
● Monitor progress against action plans and provide updates to HR/business leadership as appropriate, flagging risks, issues etc
● 8+ years of HR experience in client facing HR leadership roles
● Experience supporting a product-led and/or digital-first organization.
● Broad exposure to all HR functions including organizational development, change management, recruiting, workforce planning, compensation benefits and HR administration.
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent working experience
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
● Masters Degree preferred in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Industrial & Labor Relations, Business Administration or related field.
● An HR leader with a proven track record of taking the initiative and delivering results.
● Creative thinker and idea generator
● Demonstrated ability to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-changing, highly collaborative environment.
● Experience working in a matrix environment.
● Proven experience working at a strategic level.
● Strong ability to form relationships and influence
● Able to partner with other members of the regional leadership team and find common ground to deliver an exceptional People Experience
● Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
● Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time