Asia Pacific / Korea / / Seoul
Client Service & Sales
#: 76661-en_US / 76661
Director, Technical Account Management – 76661
Client Services and Sales – South Korea Seoul, Seoul
Gracenote powers the world’s top music services, consumer electronics, automakers, cable and satellite providers with our metadata. Sound like your kind of thing? Join us!
We are presently looking for a Director, Technical Account Management to join our Customer Experience department to oversee the implementation of Gracenote solutions for named strategic customers, work on special account or product-related projects; partner with Sales on pre-sales scoping, as well as lead and mentor a team of technical account managers. These activities require working with internal cross-functional technical and product groups and external customer business and engineering teams to drive successful delivery of customer engagements.
In this role you will be :
- Lead, develop and mentor a small team of technical account managers across accounts, projects, product knowledge, pre-sales and processes
- Senior representation for regional accounts at a strategic level
- Facilitate alignment of overall roadmaps and needs on an ongoing basis and/or for key renewals
- Partnering with Sales with pre-sales technical support and solution scoping
- Take a leading role in the customer lifecycle with a goal to make customers successful and increase revenue and retention.
- Accountable for the delivery of solutions to customers.
- Managing communication in various project phases.
- The interface with other Gracenote product, engineering and content teams necessary to solve complex customer issues and project deliverables.
- Oversee overall health information of the team’s assigned customer base, including indicators to identify at-risk customers, including thorough use of the company’s online sales management tools.
- Maintaining excellent technical product knowledge across Gracenote’s portfolio
- Support the vision of the department and related goals
- Drive innovation in how we work with and for our customers
For this role, we are looking for individuals who have:
- B.S. in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ten years or more of technical account management experience or the equivalent
- Demonstrated customer service, leadership, communications, project management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- 3 years of team leadership and mentoring experience
- Strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Exhibits positive attitude and qualities of a team player.
- Demonstrated business acumen and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability in risk management and problem anticipation.
- Proficiency in working with structured data (including XML), Web-based APIs
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Korean and English
- Travel required to client sites, conventions, training locations, etc., as needed.
- Sports and/or entertainment background (would be an advantage).
- Project Management background, PMP certification is a plus.
- Technical sales experience desirable.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
This role is with Gracenote, which is a part of a Nielsen Company. Gracenote is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Seoul,Seoul
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time