North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 84661-en_US / 84661
Director, University Relations – 84661
Human Resources – USA New York, New York
At Nielsen, we are redesigning how Talent Acquisition is done. One aspect of this transformation is a complete makeover of our global University Relations strategy. We are looking for an innovative Talent Acquisition professional to lead our University Relations program. In this individual contributor role you will be responsible for developing program objectives and long term strategy. As a player-coach, you will drive the tactics and strategies to successfully hire diverse talent to meet our new grad and intern targets.
In this role, you will be focused on these key responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal/external partners to align University Relations and relationship strategy with business goals and objectives around diversity, workforce planning and skills acquisition. The relationship strategy should include defining key schools, determining level of investment in research, scholarships and on campus activities and managing core measures for success.
- Collaborate with HR business partners and business stakeholders to develop annual early career hiring forecasts. Identify and establish critical internal /external partnerships to enhance and leverage/build Nielsen brand with early career talent. Provide effective communications to stakeholders.
- Engage Marketing, DE&I and key external resources to create and deliver branding for early career talent.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition leadership team to build our capacity to compete for top talent through projects like Employment Branding, University Relations, and Diversity Hiring.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in Recruiting with a minimum of 3 years managing a college recruiting function.
- Experience must include success in managing university relations programs, candidates with global experience preferred. The selected candidate must have experience building a university relations program.
- Track record of success within a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated data-driven approach, strategic thinking, innovation, flexibility in dealing with changing and ambiguous situations.
- Excellent project management skills including successful leadership of projects from planning phase through completion.
- Strong leadership skills including communication, delivery of results, consultative skills, partnership skills and team building.
About the Team
At Nielsen, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of the organization’s DNA. By diversity, we mean far more than the diversity you can see; we value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds. Nielsen’s Talent Acquisition team has the unique ability to identify and attract the best talent — we value, encourage and promote the thoughts, opinions and insights that enable us to grow and provide clients with innovative solutions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, IL – Chicago, ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time