Asia Pacific / Japan / / Tokyo
#: 90107-en_US / 90107
Editor – 90107
Gracenote – Japan Tokyo, Tokyo
ABOUT THE ROLE
Expect to create, curate and enhance metadata: both for currently airing TV programs, as well as maintaining a permanent library of TV program data. Proactively research information for TV and Movies assets. Work as an expert editor on our content team, adding descriptive metadata (like genres and keywords) to film and TV programs which will be used to create recommendations solutions.
- Create or edit database information for movies, TV shows, sports and other entertainment events for the Japanese market.
- Follow in-house reports to correct or enhance overall data.
- Translate English to Japanese; Japanese to English.
- Quickly transform content from one language to another and keep the subtlety in the
- translated language; translate English to Japanese; Japanese to English.
- Follow the editorial process and global content standard to translate descriptors from English to Japanese and vice versa
- Write and rewrite synopsis for movies, shows and episodes both in Japanese and English.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content through research.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide updating of outdated information.
- Ensure the accuracy of database information and authenticity of program information.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Tagging film and TV projects with a variety of keywords describing mood, theme, scenario, etc…
- Analyzes, develops and recommends solutions for editorial, procedural, and operational needs to ensure the accuracy of descriptors.
- Providing feedback to optimize the editorial tool and work with the Taxonomy team to create a robust system for video descriptors
- Work efficiently within time constraints in order to meet weekly and monthly requirements
- Being prepared to deal with changing requirements in a given day to meet the needs of the other teams and the tool and work with a team of other editors to effectively accomplish team goals
- Performs other duties as assigned by the management team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Japanese – native level, English – business level
- Possess the ability to translate from English to Japanese; Japanese to English.
- Candidate must be able to understand translation concerns for the region (cultural sensitivity towards certain words, sentences, concepts)
- Candidate must possess strong research, rephrasing and rewriting skills
- Candidate must showcase a clear understanding of film and television content and a strong understanding of the entertainment ecosystems
- Candidate must be passionate about film and television and avid follower of Japanese shows and movies
- Candidate must be comfortable with MS office tools, Google Suite and web applications
- Candidate must be able to perform factual checks using standard reference sources
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, and communication skills.
- Must have keyboarding skills.
- Good judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Must exhibit strong attention to detail and possess the ability to focus and self-motivate
ABOUT THE TEAM
Gracenote, a Nielsen Media company, provides entertainment metadata and technology that powers the world’s top cable and satellite providers, consumer electronics, automakers and music services. Metadata drives all product lines — all are based on data connectivity! We provide clients with a comprehensive global database of compositions, writers and publishers – linking compositions to recordings at scale using machine learning. Providing publishers, societies and entertainment services with essential reference data for rights management.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tokyo,Tokyo