Asia Pacific / Thailand / / Bangkok
Field Operations & Panel Recruitment
#: 102723-en_US / 102723
Editor – 102723
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment – Thailand
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world leader in the return path of “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
When you join the Gracenote team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion.
- Responsible for enhancing and writing the content descriptions and synopsis in Thai and English for programs that are telecast on linear and non-linear television across genres like movies, TV shows, sports matches, documentaries etc.
- Create written descriptions per the guidelines and best standards maintained by the organization.
- Research content online and by other secondary sources and then re-writing descriptions in their own words
- Qualify and addition of content metadata like star cast & crew details, keywords, genre, sub-genres etc.
- Write the Profile/Biography of celebrities, movie stars and TV personalities within given character limits.
- Respond to market-specific questions from internal partners and help ensure consistency of our content coverage.
- Focus on details and constantly thrive for the highest quality standard
- Follow the editorial strategy and Global Content standard to translate descriptors into different languages
- Contribute to documenting an editorial strategy for the region
- Follow report to correct or enhance our entertainment data and add value to our overall data set
- Able to quickly transform content from one language to another and keep the subtlety in the translated language
- Graduate, with specialization in Literature, communications or content writing preferred, with a background in entertainment content writing
- Fluent, native speaker of Thai
- Candidate must be proficient in reading/understanding/writing in English and Thai, as well as the ability to translate from English to Thai and vice versa
- The candidate must be able to research, rephrase and write original content from scratch
- The candidate must showcase a clear understanding of television content and a strong understanding of the entertainment ecosystems
- Must have impeccable research skills.
- Passionate about television and an avid follower of shows; would be an added advantage if aware and interested in music as well
- Comfortable with MS Office tools and web applications
- Candidates must be able to perform factual checks, using standard reference sources.
- Senior editors must be able to check/QC the content as per the guidelines and policy.
- Senior editors must be able to work with writers/editors and provide feedback/guidance as and when required.
- Analytical thinker with a creative flair
- Obsessive attention to detail, Tenacity for seeing projects through to completion
- Work experience: 1 – 3 years
ABOUT THE TEAM
As the definitive source of entertainment metadata and IDs across TV, movies, celebrities, music and sports, Gracenote powers guide, search and discovery experiences for the top TV and streaming video platforms, media companies, music services, consumer electronics and automakers on the planet. At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the entertainment content they love.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Bangkok