Asia Pacific / Korea / 11 / Seoul
#: 76501-en_US / 76501
Korean Language Editor (12 month contract) – 76501
Gracenote – South Korea Seoul, Seoul
ABOUT THIS JOB
Expect to create, curate and enhance metadata: both for currently airing TV programs, as well as maintaining a permanent library of TV program data. Proactively research information for TV and Movies assets.
- Create or edit database information for movies, TV shows, sports and other entertainment events for the South Korean market.
- Follow in-house reports to correct or enhance overall data.
- Translate English to Korean; Korean to English.
- Quickly transform content from one language to another and keep the subtlety in the translated language; translate English to Korean; Korean to English.
- Follow the editorial process and global content standard to translate descriptors from English to Korean and vice versa
- Write and rewrite synopsis for movies, shows and episodes both in Korean and English.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content through research.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide updating of outdated information.
- Ensure the accuracy of database information and authenticity of program information.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Fluent, native speaker in Korean language
- Candidate must be proficient in reading/understanding/writing in Korean and English
- Possess the ability to translate from English to Korean; Korean to English.
- Candidate must be able to understand translation concerns for the region (cultural sensitivity towards certain words, sentences, concepts)
- Candidate must possess strong research, rephrasing and rewriting skills
- Candidate must showcase a clear understanding of television content and a strong understanding of the entertainment ecosystems
- Candidate must be passionate about television and avid follower of Korean shows and movies
- Candidate must be comfortable with MS office tools and web applications
- Candidate must be able to perform factual checks using standard reference sources
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
This role is with Gracenote, which is a part of a Nielsen Company. Gracenote is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Temporary
Primary Location: Seoul,Seoul
Secondary Locations: , , ,