Latin America / Argentina / / Buenos Aires
#: 79177-en_US / 79177
Editor – Temporal – 79177
Gracenote – Argentina Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
Data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry! Gracenote is an information and technology provider powering the world’s top services and companies with leading databases of TV, movie, music and sports metadata. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Google, Spotify, M-GO and Hulu, top consumer electronics and cable companies such as LG, Comcast and DirecTV, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota all over the
world. Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries that share a true passion for data. Every day, Gracenote’s technology serves billions of requests to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Simply put, we help people find, discover and connect with the
entertainment they love.
We are presently looking for an Editor to be based in our Buenos Aires office.
In this role you will
- Creates, translates or edits database information for movies, TV shows, sports and other entertainment events for Latin America and US Hispanics markets.
- Write and rewrite synopsis for movies, shows and episodes.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content through research.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide updating of outdated information.
- Ensure the accuracy of database information and authenticity of program information.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with programming information providers and stations.
- Research and populate information such as cast and crew, awards and ratings.
- Reviews and corrects new show and movie records created daily in the Content department.
- Solid knowledge of the Spanish language grammar and spelling, with excellent written and verbal communications skills. Knowledge of Neutral Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to translate from English to Spanish.
- A background in journalism, copy writing or translation is a plus.
- High quality focused individual with high level of attention to details.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadlines.
- Must have keyboarding and Windows/Office proficiency.
- Must be organized and possess the ability of setting priorities on his own.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
About the team
As the definitive source of entertainment metadata and IDs across TV, movies, celebrities, music and sports, Gracenote powers guide, search and discovery experiences for the top TV and streaming video platforms, media companies, music services, consumer electronics and automakers on the planet. At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the entertainment content they love.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Temporary
Primary Location: Buenos Aires,Buenos Aires