Africa and Middle East / Saudi Arabia / 01 / Riyadh
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 86617-en_US / 86617
Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Reporting to the Regional Operational Controller, based in Dubai UAE the successful applicant will support all aspects of controlling and accounting in the regional market. You will assist with the coordination of activities between Operational Controlling, Revenue Controlling and Business Finance. Also tasked to perform local accounting activities specific to the respective market whilst supporting the local core finance processes.
A successful Associate Operational Controller will achieve a balanced coordination of all core and continuous finance activities between the local environment and the Global and Regional organization. S/he will have met all controllership metrics and ensured solid controls are in place and functioning.
- Support the local controllership function and lead the local Operational Controlling team; provide financial oversight on the local business.
- Ensure adequate performance and reporting on the following by leveraging both onshore and offshore resources:
- US-GAAP accounting/closing, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Financial closing and consolidation
- Procure-to-pay functions (invoice & payment processing, T&E, etc)
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliation
- Support compliance with all relevant global, regional or local policies, procedures and guidelines
- Support change locally with regard to standardization and simplification initiatives as governed by the Global or Regional COE core teams or by Finance leadership
- Assist in producing monthly closing dashboard, and quarterly and year-end reporting packs in accordance with corporate requirements for the local market
- Support Operational Controller to maintain internal controls and SOX documentation and ensure effective control environment through active coordination with the Group Controller and the Global and Regional COE core teams
- Support the Operational Controller during local internal audit and compliance review assignments, including any SOX or distributed audits
- Assist with the maintenance of local statutory accounts and ensure ongoing compliance to local regulation for the local legal entities
- Assist in the statutory and tax accounting and audit processes and act as the single point of contact for external auditors and/or tax and statutory authorities or consultants
Qualifications & Skills:
About the team:
The Nielsen Finance team in the Middle East is a strong diverse slate of financial experts. Covering all regional markets from our headquarters in Dubai this role will be the standalone Operational Controller in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reporting into the Regional Operational Controller, based in Dubai. We also have Finance people in Jordan and India dedicated to the MENAP business.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.