India / India / / Mumbai
#: 104975-en_US / 104975
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote powers the world’s top music services, consumer electronics, automakers, cable and satellite providers with our metadata. Sound like your kind of thing? Join us!
• Use SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Formulating SQL queries and optimization
• Gathering business requirements, standard business intelligence tool(s), formulate metrics/KPIs and build reports
• Creating / Designing dashboards with the use of visualization tool Amazon Quicksight or PowerBI or Tableau that are able to communicate insights into the data
• Analyzing the data so as to identify trends and share meaningful insights with customers
• Lead discussions with diverse global teams to understand data structures, and design solutions in the form of reports / dashboards
• Develop Market Grading Framework : Help grade key markets by comparing the universe of content with internal coverages.
• Analyze internal coverage of metadata & rich media across verticals (video, music, and sports)
• Define standardized measurement techniques for internal coverage across countries, data sets, verticals, and offices.
• Define Universe of Content (video, movies, music, and sports) in the entertainment industry for various key markets based on content available and consumed by the end users.
• Collate lists of top content / content providers per market using Nielsen reports, third party reports, and secondary research.
• Identify new sources of information to provide target lists to internal teams and aid operational efficiency.
• Create clear, comprehensive documentation including process maps, SOPs, training materials, presentations, reference guides.
• Experience: 5-7 years experience in a similar role (data analytics / secondary research for insights or data modelling)
• Experience with large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies Postgres, AWS-Redshift, S3, etc.
• Working knowledge of running advanced Sql queries to create reports is a must • Knowledge of Reporting and Analytical tools like AWS Quicksight, TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview
• Ability to create robust, reusable data querying, transformation, and visualization processes in SQL and Excel
• Experience with large data sets, ability to write/execute SQL queries to extract, review and understand; Experience with reporting, data management, or data analytics, including standard and ad-hoc reporting
• Strong Communication Skills: Ability to explain data to business / operations leaders • Ability to understand and learn usage of new reporting and analytics tools • Analytical and Problem Solving Approach
• Creative approach towards data visualization and story-telling
• Inclination towards secondary research and data analytics
• Knowledge of Coding in PySpark or Scala, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS would be an added advantage.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill themYou may not know our name, but you use Gracenote data every time you view your program guide or download music! Gracenote Video Content is part of Nielsen Content Metadata. This team creates and curates data used in viewer guides for well-known cable and satellite systems, on-demand streaming, publications, websites, and smart TV companies around the world.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.