North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 105802-en_US / 105802
Gracenote entertainment metadata is essential to the success of 80% of Forbes most valuable brands in automotive, media and tech. Gracenote helps people connect to the music, tv shows, movies and sports they love across the world’s most popular entertainment platforms and devices. You get to take a look behind the scenes of all your own favorite forms of entertainment. What a unique and interesting team to join!
Nielsen is looking for Interns to join the Gracenote Operations team for our 2022 Summer Internship Program. As a part of the Operations team, you’ll gain the opportunity to see how the data is created and support a business that is focused on creating metadata solutions that help our clients achieve success in their respective markets, whether traditional tv, streaming, music platforms and/or sporting events. You will work closely with operational leaders who will enhance your understanding of the market and how data sets power entertainment platforms that you as a consumer utilize on a regular basis. Explore and discover Nielsen! Nielsen sets the global standard for entertainment data that starts with enhancing consumer’s ability to search, discover and enjoy the entertainment they desire and is completed via our world class audience measurement, audience insights and audience experience products.
What will you do?
- Meld business problems and market knowledge to define a clear product vision for your products that align with the overall business and product strategy
- As the product owner, partner with internal engineering teams and stakeholders to prioritize and deliver a compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision
- Be the data set Subject Matter Expert for your products
- What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing education in a business or technical degree preferred
- Passion for connecting TV and movies fans and viewers to new and interesting content
- Ability to balance a strong bias towards helping our clients surprise and delight their subscribers with building long-term sustainable product value
- Curiosity for data and APIs, with a passion for rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details of data when needed
- Familiarity with SQL for various databases including: Postgres, MySql
- Experience with at least one programming language is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Our Gracenote Team:
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the world’s top broadcast, on-demand, and streaming platforms for television, movies, music, and sports. Do you like to explore data? Do you like entertainment? Would you like to help us build the next generation of video discovery?
We are building a team of entertainment information experts and data analysts who will support our video products and services. You will help build the next generation of discovery products for streaming content. Help someone in Germany discover they love Korean Soap Operas, or a student in Mumbai binge watch Stranger Things instead of studying.
Our Summer Internship Program:
Nielsen’s Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive experience, where you’re treated like a full-time employee, welcomed by Nielsen professionals. Throughout the 10 weeks you can expect an Orientation Program, Educational Sessions, Panel Discussions and a Volunteer Event. You’ll also receive performance feedback from your manager formally twice during the summer, as we consider hiring you full time on our team in 2023!
INTERNSHIPS MAY BE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
New York, NY; Oldsmar, FL; Chicago, IL; Emeryville, CA; Dallas, TX; Columbia, MD
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!