North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Client Service & Sales
#: 105050-en_US / 105050
Local Media Client Services – Sales Activation Executive – 105050
Client Services and Sales – USA Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a Sales Activation Executive in Nielsen’s Local Media Client Services Division, you will work on Nielsen Local Media’s largest broadcast client. You and your sales partners will be dedicated to making this important client successful by using Nielsen data and tools to optimize the Client’s audiences.
Working with all Nielsen products including basic ratings, digital, software products, Scarborough, custom analytics and others, you will be responsible for uncovering sales opportunities and assisting Client station teams to monetize their audiences and fuel their growth. You will be expected to work individually and in tandem with the Nielsen team dedicated to the Client as well as collaboratively with the Nielsen Local Media Client Service team and Nielsen Product, Analytics and Custom teams to provide expert solutions and service to each of your clients.
- Proactively uncover sales opportunities using Nielsen data and tools to drive sales in client markets, in addition to regional and national opportunities
- Engage with corporate research leads and all levels of station management – Research, sales, creative services, news- with custom tailored solutions to their specific needs
- Educate stakeholders on media landscape trends and what Nielsen is doing to advance audience optimization
- Proactively call clients to probe for sales opportunities and provide materials
- Proactively share Thought Leadership pieces, Communications, NielsenWire posts, Local Watch Report, Total Audience Report, etc. with focus on how data impacts clients’ business
- Utilize SalesForce for strong coordination between Account Sales and Account Management
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams to drive product usage with training and stations
- Create cohesive client letters and deliver presentations to groups of various sizes
- 4 year college degree
- Experience at a TV station, agency, cable entity, Nielsen or related media company
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge utilizing Nielsen data, products and methodology
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office software and Google Suite
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (includes presentation skills as well as business email etiquette)
- Strong analytical skills
- Up to 20% travel is expected when Nielsen returns to normal travel
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,