India / India / MH / Mumbai /
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999726223007 / REF1160M
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Nielsen BASES Practice is a forward-thinking, rapidly growing, market research division of the Nielsen Company. That means we maintain an unbeatable client list, create best-in-class solutions and have access to incredible resources – without sacrificing the benefits of a smaller, leaner, close – knit company. We celebrate curiosity and creativity, and encourage openness and collaboration.
Through a blend of innovative market research technologies (such as evolutionary algorithms and predictive analytics) and client consulting, we help major consumer products companies dramatically improve their outcomes at every stage of the innovation lifecycle. We identify breakthrough product ideas, messaging that inspire action, fresh package designs and optimal launch strategies.
We are looking for someone to develop and manage Nielsen BASES business and client relationships by designing, selling, executing, and presenting market research studies to meet clients’ research objectives, and are building a talent pipeline for the same.
1. Trusted partner: Understand the client needs, deliver with excellence, make an impact
2. Drive client satisfaction by providing insights and actionable recommendations during presentations or business reviews Attend client planning meetings and contribute by providing Nielsen insights and solutions to the client’s business needs.
3. Communication with mid-level clients on more complex, broad ranging strategic issues.
4. Able to handle complex presentations, or presentations with more senior clients or tough audiences.
5. Crisis management: Able to tackle some of the client communication, particularly with mid-level clients.
6. Taking full ownership of client account in terms of client relation as well as consulting / partnering with client through the project life cycle
1. Be proactive at collecting client business questions, active listening to understand the question behind the question Review proposal, Prepare proposal for substandard design, new services Proactively follows-up with the client on proposals, designs, costs
2. Set up action plan, forecast and monitor regularly the revenue Proactively present to the client / team new services
Reports and Presentations:
1. Able to create internal training and to write up learning on client special projects
2. Ensure all presentations done by reports tell a clear story, provide insights and actionable recommendations
1. Proactively indentify and address client issues and needs.
2. Delegates, Supervises all stages of project management and monitors performance
3. Ensure the services provided to clients are timely and precise according to client business needs and specifications while meeting the company's quality standards
Thought Leadership- Integration:
1. Strengthen category / client knowledge
2. Develops strategic understanding of industry trends, competition and opportunities of Nielsen
3. Lead corporate task forces
4. Make an impact for the team / client
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
With your critical and strategic thinking abilities, you can create opportunities to better our business. You approach challenges from new angles, discovering unique solutions that are efficient and effective. Intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers to questions and Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast paced business environment. Exceptional aptitude for data analysis. Ability to work cross-functionally. Strong presentation skills.
1. University degree in Marketing, Economics or related field a must, preferred Postgraduate or MBA
2. 4+ years’ experience in Primary Quantitative Market Research
3. Experience in team management (experience with matrix organization would be an asset) and strong leadership competencies
4. Knowledge and exposure to more than one market (worked preferably in the international arena/ client side/ agency side)
5. Strong analytical mind and excellent numerical skills
6. Very good knowledge on advanced analysis, methods, and tools
7. Good organisational skills, and strong people management skills
8. Very good interpersonal skills
9. Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
10. Awareness of the clients’ needs
11. Ability to travel
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com