Asia Pacific / Japan / / Tokyo
#: 84044-en_US / 84044
Manager, Marketing Effectiveness – 84044
Analytics – Japan Tokyo, Tokyo
ABOUT THE ROLE
When you see an ad on TV, a sponsored post in your social media newsfeed, a billboard from the highway, or price discount on the shelf, do you ever wonder how the advertiser decided to place those ads, and whether they actually work to drive purchases? If you work at Nielsen, you can help advertisers understand the answers to these very important questions and inform their strategies going forward. Globally the industry spends ~$600B on advertising and you can become part of the team on a mission to measure & improve the efficiency of every single dollar of that spend, translating into $60B+ in value. Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward-thinking.
Join the Marketing Effectiveness team and partner with our clients in strategic decision making. Be a consultant, a problem solver and expert voice of Nielsen at our clients.
- Execution Excellence
- Develop and lead client teams through designing, executing and presenting analytic studies to meet clients’ research objectives on the fast moving marketing landscape
- Develop recommendations based on the insights derived from the analysis
- Develop presentations to report results & provide advice, and present to client
- Provide subject matter expertise to both the client and internal team.
- Client Focus
- Be responsible for establishing strong client relationships to drive client retention as well as business expansion
- Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes
- Collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients
- Mentor junior associates in best practices, client communication, and project execution
- Personal Effectiveness
- Demonstrate personal accountability and initiative (proactive; can do; go beyond what is required)
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; deal effectively with others even in conflict situations
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 7 – 8 years of marketing research or analytics experience
- Enjoy being hands-on with data and analysis
- Enthusiasm for applying statistical analysis to address business issues
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience with regression-based marketing mix modeling is preferred
ABOUT THE TEAM
Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tokyo,Tokyo