North America / United States / IL / Offsite
#: 105943-en_US / 105943
Media Research Analyst – 105943
Analytics – USA Offsite, Offsite
About the Job
The Research Analyst position is within the analytics team, which leverages data from syndicated tools and other data assets from across the Nielsen Media organization to complete projects presented to us by clients in order to answer their questions. This individual will work with TV, audio and digital tools, collaborating with other associates on the team to create, analyze and deliver reports designed to provide our clients with superior insights into the TV viewing and cross platform media world.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in our Nielsen Outcomes Lift Solutions, TV, Radio and Digital tools and their various applications and data capabilities
- Work with Clients, Service Executives and Project Managers, on assessing project feasibility, scope and pricing by translating client questions into specs.
- Collaborate with cross functional media teams to develop custom client solutions and execute on those solutions by pulling reports out of various Nielsen’s syndicated softwares, compiling and synthesizing them, either as excel outputs or PowerPoint presentations
- Analyse datasets and extract key highlights through client deliverables (Excel files, PowerPoint, BI tools,etc) and present those findings, when required, both internally and externally to clients
- Managing time across various concurrent projects to ensure timely delivery while maintaining data integrity and reliability on assigned projects
- Participate in ongoing automation initiatives as directed, to improve efficiencies in current workflow
- Desire to Learn: Candidate is expected to learn a lot of tools and systems within a relatively short amount of time, while maintaining quality and attention to details. Looking for a self starter, who is resourceful with a detail-oriented mindset and uses resources at hand to search for answers and strengthen understanding of projects and tools.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to turn numbers into stories our clients can understand and respond to; ability to interpret data into actionable insights. Ability to translate project specifications into data we can deliver based on knowledge of our tools and capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex data concepts to Clients, Commercial leads and Project Managers and translate vague requirements into concrete specs. Able to translate understanding of projects into thorough questions and clarifications at the start of projects.
- Strong Time management skills: This fast-paced position will require you to manage your time across multiple projects, and ensure timely delivery while maintaining accuracy.
- Attention to detail – quality and accuracy in the work is essential to an analyst being successful in the role
- Ability to wrangle data: Proficiency with handling large datasets and ability to manipulate it using Python or SQL. Ability to visualize data through a dashboarding tool is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 Years Experience in Data Analysis preferred. Familiarity with formatting data and/or advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivots, charts, slicers etc.)
- Elementary coding skills required, Experience with Python preferred. Experience with VBA or SQL or linking datasets is a plus.
- Broad media industry knowledge. Experience with Nielsen reports, softwares (Npower, NNTV, NLTV, Arianna, Ad Intel, NMI, Scarborough), methodologies, and computations metrics (Reach, Ratings, Share, etc) a plus
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, GA – Atlanta – Alpharetta, Remote,