North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 100721-en_US / 100721
MLS Analyst – 100721
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
The sole focus of this position will be to provide data & insights specifically for the MLS client; while sitting onsite at the MLS. Employee will provide the client with value-added analyses and insights to help the client interpret the data and make business decisions. Employee will also act as a Subject Matter Expert to address MLS client questions and concerns.
- Analyze and prepare custom on-going and ad-hoc reports with quantitative and qualitative data for the MLS as well as other Sports clients during the off-season.
- Present analyses to MLS Research & Insights team, providing actionable insights that turn clients into advocates for our work
- Collaborate across various MLS departments and teams, to be the “voice” of the Nielsen and ensure that there is consistency of data interpretation; especially when comparing TV and Digital/Social.
- Act as the first point of contact when there is a Nielsen related business issue raised by the MLS, requiring immediate attention.
- Work with MLS’ research and programming teams to provide data and insights in support of program scheduling.
- Use our unique data and PowerPoint to tell a compelling and clear story to the MLS client
- Take responsibility of projects – ensuring the completeness and accuracy of data and deliverables using the MLS guidelines and formats
- Use your expertise of the client, industry and data to initiate additional analyses, potentially including other available data sources or new data collection methods, as appropriate, to address client business issues and showcase other Nielsen capabilities
- Be the day-to-day point of contact for clients for specific projects
- Work in close coordination with Entertainment and Sports Team to ensure that all client objectives are met
- Assist account reps on all sales opportunities
- Work with communications/marketing team for Nielsen editorials & wire posts as needed
- Ability to independently analyze data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations
- Analytic experience using Nielsen’s national and local TV measurement solutions; including NNTV, N-Power, Arianna and NLTV.
- Knowledge of cable and broadcast network specific measurement nuances; including syndication.
- Understanding of MLS programming, schedules and coverage
- Effective organizational skills providing the ability to identify priorities and meet all deadlines assigned
- A genuine understanding of the entertainment and sports industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Market Research, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in Media Research, Data Visualization (i.e. Tableau) and Advertising
- Strong quantitative, data tabulation and analytic skills
- Ability to both multi-task and pay attention to details
- Self-starter who has a strong drive to exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, functions, formulas, charts, graphs)
- Flexibility to work late evenings and sporadic weekends, during the season.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,