North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 86006-en_US / 86006
Nielsen Sports Data Scientist – 86006
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the growing sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the industry and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help businesses maximize their commercial success.
Nielsen Sports is seeking a data scientist who can bring deep technical skill to our team. In this role, you will be working with data sources specific to Nielsen Sports, as well as data sources throughout Nielsen. You’ll help us ask the right questions and answer them rigorously. You’ll work closely with our Product teams to understand their goals and proactively inform their direction with data. You’ll keep taking on new responsibilities as you grow—from defining core metrics to building machine learning models and keeping the data flowing in our pipelines.
- Identify and implement streamlined processes for data reporting and communication , using analytical models to identify insights to drive key decisions across leadership and the organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional insights and product s teams to deliver desired outputs
- Define, compute, track, and continuously validate metrics with descriptive and predictive analytics while explaining the output succinctly to others across the organization
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team on best practices for design and implementation of cutting-edge analytics insights
- Design, build and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data
- Leverage tools like R, Python, and SQL to drive efficient analytics.
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a role with data analysis and metrics development
- 3+ years of hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools
- Expertise with SQL, R or Python and data visualization tools and well versed with applying Statistical and ML techniques
- Experience establishing and maintaining a full data extraction, transformation and loading process
- Experience defining business requirements, developing timelines and working with cross functional teams towards driving leadership insights
- Excellent presentation, communication and social skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using statistical and other analytical methods
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,