North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 111081-en_US / 111081
Nielsen Sports Senior Software Development Engineer (Remote USA) – 111081
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports Senior Software Development Engineer – Java
Operating as a division of Nielsen, Nielsen Sports is a premier provider of analytics and insights within the growing sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the industry and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help sports teams, sports organisations, broadcasters and brands maximize their commercial success. Our clients include many household names across the sporting world. If you would like to learn more please visit our website.
We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to help us drive our user experience to the highest standards for our media valuation platform. Working closely with product and engineering teams, you will help drive and develop critical solutions for Nielsen clients that will help expand our footprint in the brand detection space.
Above all, we are looking for people who are excellent critical thinkers, love learning, ask questions, and move fast. We prioritize working with team members and knowledge sharing, and like people who can not only work independently but also cultivate a learning environment. We appreciate anyone willing to make an effort and be their best self when problem solving.
Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
- Develop and maintain software components for our media valuation platform
- Help ensure your team delivers exceptional output
- Continuously seek ways to make a substantial impact
- Set direction for the team and help guide engineering vision
- Guide and mentor junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- Promote code quality standards, developing a culture of continuous improvement and learning within the team
- Own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Nielsen Sports
- 5+ years of development experience (Java, Spring Boot preferred).
- BS or MS in a STEM field required
- Record of senior technical leadership, technical strategy and strong knowledge of shipping complex software projects.
- Knowledge of DB technologies, (MySQL or equivalent), Elasticsearch or similar experience.
- Familiarity with CI tooling (GitLab CI, Jenkins, or similar).
- Familiarity with Web Services and network standards (e.g. DNS, HTTP, REST, API Gateways, OAuth).
- Cloud based development experience (AWS is preferred)
- Experienced with docker, Kubernetes.
- Experienced in an agile development environment (making small iterative improvements on a regular cycle).
- Experienced setting technical and cultural standards for engineers.
- Experience with working with geographically dispersed teams
- Great communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Remote work accommodation
- Investment into your professional and personal growth
- An informal atmosphere
- Good benefits
- Great work/life balance
- Unlimited PTO
- Personal development time to research anything that may be beneficial to the company or your own personal growth
- Encouragement and support to contribute to open source projects used anywhere in our business
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, IL – Chicago, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar,