North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 104922-en_US / 104922
With the help of our Operations team, they support Nielsen’s growth strategy by enabling positive client and market solutions. Operations deliver outcomes with the highest quality and integrity standards in an agile and transparent way while standing by our Nielsen values.
Excited? Come join us!
Nielsen is looking for Operations interns to join our 2022 Summer Internship Program! Interns in Operations are responsible for researching, analyzing and coding large volumes of iOS and Android mobile data. They provide data required to key stakeholders on the team to assist with identifying and resolving issues.Interns work to support the day to day processes ensuring best practices are shared and followed. What a huge and rewarding responsibility!
What will you do?
- Process and support the classification of data, quality checks, defined reports and while adhering to defined business rules and procedures, delivery schedules, and SLAs
- Support a “root cause” culture to ensure that a true resolution is achieved for all misclassifications and other classification issues identified
- Execute test and document test results
- Provide consistent and clear updates on tickets in tracking tools
- Identify opportunities for procedure improvement
- Support on-call rotations as required by the business
- Provide input on business requirements for system enhancements and process improvements
What we’re looking for:
- Individuals who use logic to analyze data and capability to draw conclusions and convey or provide advice or consultation to business stakeholders
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively both verbally and in written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others effectively
- Maintain composure and respond appropriately in stressful or crisis situations
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively resolve conflicts
- Ability to identify and leverage best practices
- Ability to multitask, prioritize essential tasks and take initiative
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to change
- Understanding of mobile apps, and streaming data wis preferred
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Our Operations Team:
The Operations team’s vision is to exponentially increase our coverage through digitized data collection, automation and real time virtual connection while improving quality and reducing cost.
Our Summer Internship Program:
Nielsen’s Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive experience, where you’re treated like a full-time employee, welcomed by Nielsen professionals. Throughout the 10 weeks you can expect an Orientation Program, Educational Sessions, Panel Discussions and a Volunteer Event. You’ll also receive performance feedback from your manager formally twice during the summer, as we consider hiring you full time on our team in 2023!
INTERNSHIPS MAY BE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
New York, NY; Oldsmar, FL; Chicago, IL; Emeryville, CA; Dallas, TX; Columbia, MD
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!