North America / United States / NY / Offsite
#: 106403-en_US / 106403
People Analytics Manager – Remote OK – 106403
Analytics – USA Offsite, Offsite
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The People Analytics Manager is an integral part of the People Team. This global role partners and consults with
our COEs to produce robust analytics, reporting and data driven insights to power business decisions.
This role will compile complex data sets, produce ongoing regular reporting, generate insight, and draw
conclusions using our data. The incumbent will have expertise in quantitative analysis and a strong ability to tell
stories through data.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Produce monthly and ad hoc reports with quantitative analysis that tells a story through the data
● Develop and upkeep dashboards and reports focused on recruiting, risk, attrition, and team member
● Perform data collection, trending, analytics, reporting, and forecasting to support company initiatives
● Work with DQ&G to ensure data integrity for accurate reporting
● Participate in projects and programs with people data, i.e., engagement survey analysis
● Create effective visualizations tailored to the context of the data and audience
● Bachelor’s degree preferred with 10 years of work experience in Human Resources, including at least 5 in
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills
● Strong business acumen and high level of professionalism
● Customer service orientation with sense of urgency
● Demonstrates high degree of integrity and maintains confidentiality
● Experience with the BI reporting tools e.g., PowerBI, ThoughtSpot etc.; Exceptional excel skills required
● Innovative thinking, problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
● Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and overall project management skills
● Exceptional communication skills including writing and presentation skills
● Ability to anticipate and solve problems and resolve issues, results oriented
● Proficient in data scrubbing, data entry, and working with large data sets
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: , , ,