North America / United States / FL / Offsite
#: 111065-en_US / 111065
People Experience Partner – Remote OK – 111065
Human Resources – USA Offsite, Offsite
At Nielsen, we take the time to design a workplace that puts our People at the center of how we work and operate. Our People Experience (PX) teams are curators of a culture and ambassadors for diversity, inclusion and belonging – where everyone feels valued and can bring their best selves to work. From day one, we provide our employees with the tools and resources to be successful, and have pride in delivering best-in-class People processes throughout every step of the employee lifecycle. We also take pride in continuously empowering leaders at all levels so they can deliver outstanding opportunities to everyone on their teams to contribute.
Summary of Role:
The PX Partner serves as the HR Partner for a one region supporting Nielsen’s Media population. The PX Partner will provide operational guidance on all areas of HR support in the region and will ensure best in class HR practices. The PX Partner will be accountable for compliance with all employment laws and regulations in the region, and will also partner with the Global HRBP/TS team to provide input and align People actions with the larger Business Unit-specific talent strategies.
● Advise, guide and coach line managers on their HR responsibilities, management behaviors and team management areas.
● Contact for region’s employees and management in the areas of onboarding, employee relations, total rewards, benefits, compensation, learning, engagement and internal communications.
● Drive the effectiveness of the HR delivery model ensuring consistency and optimization of HR processes and approach within assigned region.
● Provide effective employee relations and a positive working climate.
● Manage local components of projects and wider change programs. In particular;
○ Support wider business /corporate and HR change programs
○ Identify gaps and improvements in local HR service provision in line with HR strategy, suggesting initiatives for the local agenda where appropriate.
○ Manage local projects aligned to HR Business Operations priorities as required.
● Serve as contact for region’s employees and management in the areas of onboarding, employee relations, total rewards, benefits, compensation, learning, engagement and internal communications.
● Direct and guide line-managers and associates to appropriate learning solutions; providing inputs to Talent Strategist and TED COE.
● Accountability for local deployment & delivery of HR processes, projects and change programs as determined at a Corporate/business/functional level. Including policy and procedural compliance across the area and responsibility for Diversity & Inclusion deployment, monitoring and compliance.
Key Experience & Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
● Broad knowledge of Employee Relations, Performance Reviews, Employee Development and Employment Law. International experience a plus.
● 2+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience across different aspects of the HR function for large and/or multinational company.
● 2+ years of Human Resources Business Partner experience.
● Knowledge of country employment laws, regulations, procedures and HR issues.
● Experience in managing Employee Relations issues.
● Well-developed customer and relationship management skills, including credibility and influencing skills. Strong customer service orientation.
● Able to partner with other members of leadership and find common ground to deliver an exceptional employee experience
● Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
● Ability to build a positive employee relations climate, advocate for employees and maintain objectivity, even under pressure from other stakeholders.
● Process driven and methodical in approach to implementing programs & HR solutions.
● Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization.
● Experience and knowledge in managing HR activities and resources; balancing conflicting priorities and handling ambiguities.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, IL – Chicago, TX – Dallas,