North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 90503-en_US / 90503
Principal Software Engineer (Cloud Data Injestion) – 90503
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Title: Principal Software Engineer – Data Ingestion
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with 6-8 years of hands-on software development experience across different Java/J2EE technologies. Ability to drive design, development, test and debug lifecycles of the project development. Take ownership of day to day issues and escalations and bring issues to resolution. Be able to interact and work closely with other business and technical teams. Provide technical expertise and guidance to project teams and help develop strategies for developing complex applications.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects, provide technical guidance to junior engineers and perform code reviews
- Developing the next generation of back-end service and processing engines
- Assist in the planning and specification authoring for feature development
- Develop software precisely meeting specifications
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Engineering software solutions that employ a diverse range of technologies such as Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Hbase, NoSQL, Storm, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Build scalable, reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions for both on-prem and the Cloud, preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Expert level experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- Intermediate experience with relational databases, SQL and NoSQL.
- Proven experience in software development methodologies.
- Expert level experience in Java messaging technologies and products like AMQ, JMS, etc.
- Intermediate level experience in CI/CD tools and processes.
- Knowledge of and experience with working on common design patterns and industry standards.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably git, Bitbucket, SVN.
- Versed in different development methodologies (Scrum, etc.)
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, S3, EMR, SQS, etc)
- Experience in building dockerized applications and using orchestration engines such as Kubernetes for Cloud native deployments
- Good communication and analytical skills are a must.
- Bachelors/Masters in a computer science related field or equivalent experience
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, FL – Sarasota, ,