North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 84085-en_US / 84085
Privacy Technologist & Compliance Analyst – 84085
Legal – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is seeking a Privacy Technologist & Compliance Analyst to join its Global Privacy Team, preferably based in New York, NY or Tampa, FL (other US locations considered). The Privacy Technologist & Compliance Analyst will work as part of a team of privacy professionals to help ensure compliance with global privacy and data protection laws, while enabling innovation across Nielsen’s businesses. The Privacy Technologist & Compliance Analyst supports product and technology development, by carrying out privacy impact assessments as part of Nielsen's Privacy-by-Design process and driving the implementation of privacy requirements.
- Provide practical advice to Nielsen business units and corporate functions relating to collection, use and processing of personal information to support Nielsen’s strategic goals and manage privacy compliance and risk.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments of products and services, including advising on the privacy impact of emerging issues and technologies, and identifying privacy issues, risks, and proposed controls and mitigations.
- Collaborate with Product, IT, and Cybersecurity teams by driving implementation of privacy and data protection requirements in new products, systems and technologies; promoting privacy-enhancing design; and establishing appropriate controls to enable privacy compliance across the company.
- Help develop and create guidelines to facilitate and improve Nielsen’s Privacy-by-Design approach.
- Guide teams on the preparation of records of data processing activities and data inventories/flows.
- Stay abreast of market and privacy technology trends and changes, including those related to privacy-enhancing technologies.
- Work with colleagues on the Privacy Team to support privacy-related initiatives and projects, including policy development and training and awareness programs.
- University degree in information systems, computer science, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of US and global data protection laws and regulations (including CCPA, GDPR, ePrivacy Directive)
- A minimum of 3 years in a related role, and experience with matters such as: identifying privacy risks in products and developing robust mitigations; data governance; and implementing technical solutions to regulatory requirements
- Understanding of technical privacy issues (e.g., cookie management, encryption, geolocation, machine learning), and privacy-enhancing technologies
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, including knowledge of Agile development methods and familiarity with User Stories
- The ability to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Sound judgment, excellent problem-solving skills and flexibility to manage multiple matters simultaneously and to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; self-starter; team player/collaborator
- Experience with ad tech and/or market research helpful
- CIPT preferred
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,