India / India / / Mumbai
#: 85747-en_US / 85747
Note : This role is for a contract duration of 1 Year
About the Role:
The Product Analyst will partner with Gracenotes Audio Product Management team to identify, define and provide actionable insights that can drive Product Innovation and Optimization for Gracenotes newest launched Product “Audio on Demand”. The product analyst will be responsible to track and analyse data from partners, internal processes with correct measurements and will also be responsible for Project launches. This role requires an individual with strong analytical skills, E-commerce or similar digital experience, excellent communications skills, and ability to synthesize and simplify complex issues. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in helping scale a new media type- Podcasts and help the Product team develop a world-class product driven by insights.
● Serve as data and analytics platform expert and process owner, leader, and motivator on a cross-functional team.
● Answer key Product questions: define an analytics approach, retrieve and manipulate data needed to perform analysis, and deliver actionable insights to the Product Management team.
● Build and maintain domain expertise in relevant data sets and be able to think strategically about what data is critical to capture. Create a process to ensure new project launches with proper tracking.
● Collaborate with Product managers in developing A/B test plans for new features and workflows.
● Create, maintain and publish KPI Dashboards for Product Management team; automating and enabling team members to self-serve whenever possible.
● Establish collaborative working relationships with cross-functional business partners across Product, Engineering, Design; coordinate with other Analysts; work with data engineers to define data requirements, participate and share findings with the broader Product management teams at Gracenote.
● M.S. or MBA with 0- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role in ecommerce, strategy consulting, internet marketing, or related field
● Thorough understanding of Internet and digital marketplace. The media ecosystem, music and audio streaming is a bonus.
● Proficient in data collection and metrics with SQL (aggregate functions, joins etc.); Excel power user; Experience working with large datasets.
● Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to all levels of a global organization and to different stakeholders, in person and via video conferences. Able to influence senior leadership with data backed recommendations.
● Detail oriented with ability to independently validate / triangulate data and analysis.
● Proactive with an interest in improving processes and creating efficiencies.
● Curious about what drives business trends; demonstrated capacity to learn, intellectual honesty and independent thinking. Must be comfortable with an agile, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment. Passion for excellence and continuous improvement
About The Team:
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!