India / India / / Mumbai
#: 84250-en_US / 84250
ABOUT THIS JOB
The product management role is at the center of everything we do at Nielsen. The person recruited for this role will be responsible for evaluating new product opportunities, keeping track of project execution, managing the P&L by working closely with commercial teams for revenue recognition and Tech-ops teams for cost reconciliation.
- New product development: Work closely with Commercial and Product teams to understand new product requirements. Evaluate roadmap and verify feasibility of new product plans along with Product, Technology, Operations and Data Science teams
- Manage funding for projects: Ensure projects have adequate funding and are executed within planned budget.
- Fail safe plans: During the project plan stage, identify potential risks and create risk mitigation plans to ensure smooth execution of projects
- Thought Leadership: Plan at least 4 thought leadership papers annually by mining primary data and other sources
- Large project execution: Daily tracking of all large projects and report out hotspots and opportunities to the right stakeholders.
- Reverse mentoring: Engage with experienced associates and leadership teams to reverse mentor them on topics related to new technologies, upcoming media habits and a deeper understanding of Gen Z consumption patterns.
- Product Marketing: Support Product and Client Service teams to ensure clarity of product offering in the marketplace.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in any field
- Up to 4 years’ experience of working in any field that has constant changing requirements and showcase ability to deal with complex issues
- A “self-starter” with the ability to manage independent accountability to a larger team, direct multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with multiple facets of media and advertising industry
- Ability to manage and build relationships with clients, vendors and internal teams to understand product features and requirements
- Rockstar PowerPoint/google slides, excel/google sheets skills
- Comfortable working with numbers, with highest level of accuracy
PREFERRED ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- Question the unknown: Not afraid to ask questions and have the ability to dig deeper into key business opportunities and development areas.
- Product focused: We define, develop and manage solutions to meet our clients’ biggest measurement needs. The Product team sits at the center of product development and delivery to create solutions and go to market strategies. We love creating innovative solutions to meet the industry needs and solving tough ecosystem challenges.
- Be Yourself: Nielsen strives for an open, inclusive and tolerant working environment, where all employees are encouraged to grow and be themselves. At Nielsen, we focus on systematically integrating inclusion and accountability into the full employee experience through three focus areas: Talent, Culture and Accountability.
- Be an enabler: Nielsen has 11 affinity-base communities (Business Resources Groups – BRGs) that grow an inclusive culture, drive business growth and innovation through diversity and inclusion, increase BRG participation at all levels and enable associates to be themselves to reach their full potential.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!