North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 83029-en_US / 83029
Product Manager – Remote – 83029
Analytics – USA New York, New York
Nielsen pioneered the measurement of media and consumer behavior, and we’re on a mission to transform our products and technology to help the next generation of content creators, digital publishers and media platforms compete for consumer and advertiser attention. Through cutting edge technology and industry leading data science, we’re enabling publishers to monetize their media while empowering advertisers with the intelligence they need to efficiently reach consumers and optimize their marketing investments. Backed by decades of analytics R&D, proprietary data assets, and a drive to reinvent our industry, Nielsen is on a journey to apply the rigor and expertise that made us successful in Television and Radio measurement to Digital and Cross-media measurement.
Nielsen’s Multi-Touch Attribution (MTA) Product team is looking for a skilled professional to join as a Product Manager, supporting Nielsen’s CPG MTA product family. In this role, you will be responsible for leading how product management, commercial leadership, and our clients partner to bring our products to market.
- Define strategy, determine product roadmaps, and execute on deliverables for CPG MTA
- Own product discovery and prioritization
- Develop user stories, requirements, and product roadmaps based on market and user experience research
- Define new product concepts and features
- Create business cases and conduct return on investment analyses for new features
- Manage execution and delivery of features and requirements in backlog
- Collaborate cross functionally with engineers, data scientists, vendors, product marketing, and business development to plan, develop, and deliver, while identifying areas for improvement in efficiency
- Regularly review the competitive landscape and analyze client feedback to improve product features and capabilities
- Manage relationships with third party consultants to enable delivery
- Evangelize product with internal stakeholders and clients
- Assume responsibility as subject matter expert on the product for: Commercial teams, Modeling teams, Product Marketing, Tech/Ops/Engineering, Data Science, external partners, Clients, etc.
- Provide product domain expertise on product strategy, technical implementation, and operational process
- Effectively communicate product status and progress to leadership and stakeholders
- 3+ years with strong knowledge of the Digital and TV marketing / media industry and/or ad operations
- Experience in planning, developing, and managing products, preferably in advertising, marketing, media or technology
- Basic knowledge of statistical modeling preferred
- Basic knowledge of software development and platform architecture principles
- Demonstrated ability to drive product research and competitive analyses
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage both technical and non-technical teams, as well as external vendors
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and build relationships with clients and external parties to understand product features and requirements
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate work across geographically distributed teams
- Preferred but not required: Technical knowledge of cross-platform media / behavior measurement technologies and data, including any of the following:
- Media panels
- Advertising technology (e.g. JS / pixel tags; data management platforms)
- “Big data” media measurement sources (e.g. set top box, Smart TV data)
- Data matching methods (e.g. cross-device data; online-to-offline Onboarding; PII matching and management)
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, , ,