North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 109463-en_US / 109463
Product Manager – (Remote USA) – 109463
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is looking for a Product Manager to lead product development for the Nielsen Activation business. The role will initially be responsible for reporting and infrastructure that underpins the suite of products and services for the Nielsen Activation business. For candidates with the right experience there is an opportunity to expand the role into cutting edge initiatives the Activation team is developing within the Digital Media ecosystem.
Nielsen is looking for a candidate who can support end-to-end product development efforts for Nielsen Activation. As PM you will work closely with other Product Managers and Nielsen teams to understand product requirements and translate these requirements into a prioritized roadmap for the development team. You will work in an agile environment, supported by program management, ux, web apps, data engineering and operations teams to deliver on your roadmap, and support the roadmap of other product teams. You will also be responsible for post-development support of the products you develop. Where applicable this will also include working with product marketing to create meaningful collateral and a market launch strategy.
- Own critical reporting and infrastructure roadmaps (end-to-end) for Nielsen Activation – with a focus on Nielsen Audiences.
- Scope to expand ownership into other areas of Activation business – including Contextual, SaaS applications, First Party Audiences, and Device Graphs.
- Collaborate within and across product development teams to build and execute against aligned roadmap and play a critical role in defining requirements, aligning priorities and iterating on development
- Participate in product discovery sessions with internal teams to understand end user needs and business workflows.
- Take action in support of overall product health including quality and robustness of data and maintaining positive client regard for owned products
- Leverage Agile best practices to execute against roadmap with flexibility and ultimately ship the right product at the right time
- Lead work within the scrum team and facilitate agile ceremonies (Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Backlog Refinement, Retrospectives) across different time zones
- Maintain an intake process to ensure the team has an up to date list of all the backlog items to facilitate efficient prioritization.
- Recognize technical debt present in legacy systems and effectively manage its reduction
- Coordinate Go To Market Activities, including communications, rollout and product training
- Communicate the overall status of initiatives and escalation of issues to senior leadership
- Industry Experience in the Programmatic & Digital Media Ecosystem – DMPs, DSPs, Identity Graphs, Data Clean Rooms, SSPs
- 2-3 years experience in end-to-end product management and working cross-functionally to deliver on a roadmap
- Experience and belief in Agile and Scrum development practices
- Experience with Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence) is desired
- Experience with back-end development teams using cloud technologies such as Airflow, AWS, Superset
- A bias for change and the ability to influence a team toward a culture of quality
- Strong communication, persuasion, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to listen and quickly distill information to recommend a course of action in driving project deliverables or client escalations
- Client-facing experience with the ability to successfully interface with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Ability to follow detailed process and technology conversations and appropriately summarize this information at a level of detail that is meaningful to internal and client stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple competing priorities and their accompanying details to deliver on larger team goals
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,