North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 108726-en_US / 108726
Product Manager – (Remote USA) – 108726
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is looking for a Product Manager on the Nielsen One Content Ratings team. This role would support both the existing Content products (Total Content Ratings & Digital Content Ratings) as well as the upcoming launch of Nielsen One Content Ratings. Total Content Ratings is Nielsen’s single solution for reporting deduplicated audiences across all platforms – Traditional TV, Connected TV, Computer, Mobile and Tablets. Digital Content Ratings is a global product that provides census and panel-based audience measurement across computer, mobile, and connected devices (e.g., Smart TVs).
The Product Manager role will be strategic in scope, but will require enough technical understanding to establish goals, refine requirements, and author sprint level stories for the product development teams covering the Digital & Total Content systems. The role will entail leading efficient product development, in the context of the business and technical requirements, with direct accountability for the operational stability of Digital Content Ratings/Total Content Ratings and their upstream and downstream partners. As a Product Manager you will work closely with other Product Managers and clients to understand the needs of our clients and use this perspective to drive priorities across Technology, Data Science, Commercial and Operations teams.
- Collaborate within and across product development teams to build and execute against aligned roadmap and play a critical role in refining requirements and iterating on development
- Leverage Agile best practices to execute against roadmap with flexibility and ultimately ship the right product at the right time
- Maintain an intake process to ensure the team has an up to date list of all the backlog items to facilitate efficient prioritization.
- Promote a data quality mindset to drive internal accountability for data integrity released to internal and external clients.
- Support the Product Management team as an informed voice on product functionality and roadmap in order to represent the product vision externally and accurately gather and respond to client feedback
- Act as a trusted product partner in the development lifecycle and help the team execute on the roadmap effectively.
- Maintain an objective view of the user’s experience and make recommendations on re-usable platform components based on the feedback from the technology and design teams.
- Take action in support of overall product health including quality and robustness of data and maintaining positive client regard for owned products
- Coordinate with required stakeholders for backlog prioritization, severity issues resolutions and other communications.
- Work with Product Sales, Product Marketing, and with clients on Product Discovery, go to market execution
- Partner with stakeholders and cross functional leaders by effectively communicating strategies and trade-offs so that priority can be determined. Clearly lay out all trade-off implications for business.
- Understand the ongoing tech work, current system design and limitations and work with the team on technical investments to better the overall product health.
- Help manage the product backlog by updating on progress and supporting Product discussions to clearly set the priority based on near, mid and future-term initiatives
- Write user stories for the technology and design teams to build prototypes for testing as well as productionalized software for launch.
- Organize and facilitate planning across Product, Technology, Data Science, and Operations teams.
- Participate in scrum meetings to ensure the team has the background and details necessary to achieve the sprint objectives.
- Exhibit expertise in your product domain (understanding the systems involved, the technical component flow, specific aspects of the methodology, etc.)
- Serve as the initial point of contact for product functionality and data inquiries from clients requiring product input
- A bias for change and the ability to influence a team toward a culture of quality
- Strong communication, persuasion, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing initiatives
- Ability to listen and quickly distill information to recommend a course of action in driving project deliverables or client escalations
- Client-facing experience with the ability to translate between internal and external client needs
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience. Digital Media industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Digital Media related field preferred
- Preferred candidates should have a proven track record and experience necessary to advocate for and establish product management best practices at Nielsen.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, Remote,