North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Marketing & Communications
#: 110803-en_US / 110803
Program Manager – 110803
Marketing and Communications – USA Chicago, Illinois
Program Manager , Marketing Effectiveness
Location: Chicago, IL preferred
As a leader in the marketing measurement domain, the Nielsen company is looking for qualified candidates to build out their Project Management Organization (PMO) as part of the Marketing Effectiveness Operations team. The desired candidate is responsible for driving the implementation process to ensure a timely completion of all deliverables based on the defined scope and requirements of the client project. A successful candidate will have experience in project management associated with the delivery of our Marketing Mix Modeling product. A strong understanding of advertising and measurement experience is preferred.
The Program Manager will serve as the day to day project lead responsible for tracking key metrics across the teams, organizing/coordinating deliveries/analysis across products, keeping projects in scope on contract and on time. The Program Manager is responsible for the successful delivery and completion of Nielsen’s products for designated clients while maintaining the highest levels of client satisfaction. In addition, the PM is highly skilled at understanding the complex needs of the business, translating its priorities into project plans and orchestrating the successful execution of the work to the specified timelines on a consistent basis.
- Collects, analyzes and understands project requirements documented in Statement of Work.
- Client facing program manager serving as the liaison between the client and other members of the implementation and client success teams.
- Collaborates with internal teams on project definition, feasibility, and approval process.
- Creates and maintains project plans, which includes project scope, objectives, deliverables, key milestones, timelines, schedules, internal and external resources, project dashboards, etc.
- Maintain detailed project status documents which includes meeting minutes, action items, issues lists and risk management plans.
- Communicates the project status, requirements, and structure across the Implementation and customer success teams team and all other necessary departments.
- Manages day-to-day progress of projects including risk assessment and problem resolution. Defines potential problems and suggest alternatives based upon cost implications, time constraints, and customer quality standards.
- Oversee and support multiple implementation projects concurrently within a region.
- Conducts project reviews and profitability analysis according to prescribed process/structure.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to develop and/or adapt processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, quality, etc.
- Oversees Salesforce compliance of managing delivery dates and uploading of evidence.
- Collects client sign-offs on data and scope at kick off.
- Manages KPIs, replicon compliance, quality of data delivered – provides quarterly reports for senior leaders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business or related field (Marketing, Advertising, etc.) with 3-5 years of experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and lead teams successfully through implementation projects.
- Proven skills and ability in scoping, planning, executing and controlling project work.
- Experience in leading large scale, complex projects.
- Experience in an Ad Technology, Digital Publisher, or Digital Agency environment desirable.
- Demonstrated skill and ability with requirements analysis, process analysis, process modeling, and documenting workflows.
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Experience/familiarity in handling marketing data highly desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to instill confidence with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task in a fast-paced data environment.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in client management also preferred.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois