North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 99741-en_US / 99741
Program Manager – 99741
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports – Program Manager
Location: New York, NY or Halifax, Canada or Remote considered
Nielsen Sports is the global leader and independent, trusted adviser in sports intelligence and measurement. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help businesses maximize their commercial success.
We are presently looking for a Program Manager to focus on managing key technology programs.
In this role, the individual will work with internal and external stakeholders to organize cross functional teams, who may not typically work together, to successfully deliver solutions to our customers. Primary responsibilities include overseeing the management of projects from design and development to delivery and stabilization, revising as appropriate to meet changing business needs and requirements.
Responsibilities of role include but are not limited to:
- Creates and executes detailed work plans from design and development through to product/feature delivery, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Plans and schedules project deliverables, goals, milestones
- Works with Product Owners to manage the project backlog prioritization
- Works with multiple Engineering teams and Product Owners simultaneously to manage projects, including activities such as: requirement gathering, release planning, testing support, dependency management
- Tracks program / project progress against plan and provides regular communication on status, risks, issues and costs
- Ensures data is collected to appropriately inform decision making for mitigating risks and resolving issues
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Ensures all team members have clear and sufficient information to contribute to the program efficiently and at their fullest potential, motivating the team to work together
- Effectively facilitates stakeholder and team meetings, often virtually and across time zones
- Utilizes an agile mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning; promotes continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- 3-5 years of program and project management experience delivering software development and operations projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate meetings where you will articulate complex concepts and assignments
- Strong communication, negotiation, and relationship building skills to instill confidence in stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills – ability to create and deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional, environment with a highly collaborative, team oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience using common project management tools: e.g. spreadsheets, MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Jira and shared on-line documents such as google docs
- The ability to create forward-looking, value-prioritized project plans with flexible and creative use of tools
- Experience with project management methodologies, such as agile (Scrum & Kanban), iterative plan-based, or process engineering
- Hands-on experience as a business analyst, software developer or operations support role
- PMI PMP or similar certification/training
- Scrum Master certification
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,