India / India / / Mumbai
#: 106568-en_US / 106568
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main objective of this profile is to deliver a set of automated solutions to the clients with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, optimize their strategies, and much more.
We implement services using the latest technologies to deploy scalable architectures, secure data storage and transportation, and orchestrate multiple jobs on production data.
- Design and develop high performing, scalable and reliable solutions across the Media data value chain.
- Collaborate with OPs, Commercial and other internal / external stakeholders to understand solution requirements, complexities and implementation strategies.
- Understand technology and architecture trends, how they impact future solutions and provide tactical directions.
- Follow Agile & Scrum development methodologies to adopt and comply with best practices in software development and delivery.
- Understand the stakeholder requirements, develop the algorithms and deploy them on production systems. Other responsibilities include improving data reliability, quality, and understanding and analyzing raw data to convert them into actionable algorithms.
- Analyze and understand the raw data
- Develop algorithms/business rules tailored to the stakeholders needs
- Construct complex data analysis and reporting
- Writing unit test cases for the algorithms/data analysis/reporting
- Problem-Solving mindset and analytical skill set is a must
- Promote best practices in development and operations
- Ability to work in Agile environment
- Create and maintain project specific documentation
- Strong focus on innovation and use of open source technologies
- 2+ years of technical experience in multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems, OOAD and functional programming constructs.
- In-depth expertise on Core Java, Java EE and Spring framework
- Programming Languages: Python(Preferable), Scala
- Python Modules: NumPy, Pandas, Dask, boto3, etc.
- Big Data Technologies: Spark, Hive
- Versioning: git
- BE / BTech / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Certification on any of the public cloud platforms or related products is desirable.
- Strong problem solving and logical abilities and a penchant for thinking out of the box.
- Exceptional articulation skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced and open-to-experiment environment.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth. Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!