Africa and Middle East / South Africa / / Johannesburg
Field Operations & Panel Recruitment
#: 99781-en_US / 99781
ABOUT THE ROLE
Accuracy is the name of the game, and we’ve got the data to prove it. If precision and quality are important to you, you’ll fit right in as a Quality Control Analyst at Nielsen.
Ready for an adventure? As a Quality Control Analyst at Nielsen, you’re on the frontline of data integrity and quality, building remote and when possible in-person relationships with stakeholders in the department.
We are looking for an energetic, hardworking and driven person to join our Nielsen team in Johannesburg. Pioneering the best data processes and ensuring uncompromised quality. This position offers the driven candidate an opportunity to grow and flourish in an almost century old company leading the way in media research.
•Responsible for maintaining viewing data integrity, quality control activities to ensure key performance indicators above 90% and high data quality. Detecting and correcting irregularities not only on the use of the peoples meter installed but with regards to the TAMS panel.
•To assist production team, and distribution of weighted audience, and ratings data as well as to be responsible for viewing analysis and reports to be distributed to customers. Also contribute to the overall management of the business and its strategic development so as to meet the local needs given by the dynamic environment presented by the broadcasting industry.
• Work with all stakeholders throughout the company to ensure improved data.
• Effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders in the company.
•Identify information that would assist teams to improve the quality and accuracy of their forecasting and assist the QC Manager to devise means of making such information available to them.
•Carry out regular investigations and data assessments and make recommendations to the team and QC Manager that will ensure efficient data management processes.
•Identify processes for continuous data quality improvement, proactively track numerous system reports on data quality, develop and produce quality reports, analyze data and report on trends.
• Automate and optimize manual tasks in order to release the work overload, and develop efficient workflow processes.
• Assist the team and QC Manager in ensuring that data integrity issues are resolved in an efficient manner.
• Conduct and attend training to enhance relevant technical skills to ensure ongoing relevance of technical solutions and the ability to move with organizational change.
• Execute within the internal SLA´s all the controls and checks agreed for operations in our scope.
• Respond to internal and external queries regarding our data sets and methodologies.
• Partake in business required User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and quality assurance testing processes.
• To process and compile quality checks / coincident studies, to guarantee the truthfulness of data.
• Analyse daily faults and flag peoples meter data per QC policy and procedure.
• Conduct quality control daily processes per policy and procedure.
• Prepare weekly and monthly dashboard reports for the client and release before deadlines
- Diploma/Degree in Information Technology, Data Management or related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience performing data analysis and reporting required.
- Experience in market research or data analyst.
- Strong command of Excel and PowerPoint is mandatory.
- Basic knowledge in Automation programming language.
- At least 1 year practical experience in statistical programming (preferably R-language or SPSS)
- Experience documenting processes and data flows preferred.
- Excellent research, analytical and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team on projects and tasks
- Demonstrated interest in international development
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Nielsen Media Johannesburg team provides personalised and effective services that meet client needs quicker, while growing the Nielsen brand and help our clients reach their desired outcomes. We represent and take great pride in our data integrity and quality. We are at the forefront of customer data and are becoming an agent of change as we embrace automation to navigate the complex needs of our industry and continue to be the industry leader. Committed to service excellence, Nielsen Media.
ABOUT NIELSEN MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!