India / India / GJ / Vadodara /
#: 743999736156447 / REF2155G
Reference Data Specialist, MINOC, Vadodara
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Reference data Specialist is responsible for Product Categorization based on
Retailers, information received from various sources of Market. Specialist is
responsible for Content management and maintenance of reference data
across the assigned country/ies in accordance with Reference Data Standards
The Reference data Specialist is responsible for coding and data validation focusing
on specific industry / category or set of categories (e.g. Beverages, Food, Health and
Beauty Products). As Reference Data Specialist at Nielsen, you have to create and
deliver client outputs in a correct and timely manner.
● Ensure quality and timely management of the reference data across all countries
● Should have very good knowledge about FMCG products and Market
● Should have a basic understanding about how retailer industry is managing their
stores including understanding on product descriptions and codes applied by
retailers. How the products are being scanned at retailer end, various
promotional activities, etc.
● Must have very good knowledge of using various internet searches to analyze
and research product-related information.
● Must have very good knowledge of advanced excel techniques like Pivot table,
Vlook up, Data analysis/interpretations, Creating KPI Summary etc.
● Must have very good communication/Interpersonal/Collaboration skills to work
with larger team and stakeholders.
● Automation know how will be preferable. E.g. Python, RPA
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
A successful Reference Data specialist delivers timely and with quality coding and data
validation focusing on specific industry / category or set of categories (e.g. Beverages, Food,
Health and Beauty Products). S/he is expected to identify, investigate and co-ordinate the
resolution of data, process or product related queries and also be the point of contact for
product/industry queries which also needs to be solved in an efficient and client focused
● Bachelor’s Any Graduate – For Band 9
● Relevant TCS experience- 3 years and above (Band 8)
● Excellent organization skills, aptitude to work in a team and meet deadlines
● A high degree of accuracy, proactivity and attention to detail
● Good analytics skills and aptitude for data and operational processes
● Project management aptitude (critical path, task sequencing, problem solving, etc.)
● Common business language knowledge (English): speaking and writing with fluency