North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Client Service & Sales
#: 108622-en_US / 108622
Regional Director, Sales – Media Analytics – 108622
Client Services and Sales – USA Chicago, Illinois
About the Job
Nielsen’s “Plan/Optimize” business helps clients address today’s most important issues in media planning and media effectiveness. Our team brings together industry thought leaders, expert consultants, leading measurement technologies and rich datasets. We harness this powerful combination to help clients make strategic and tactical business decisions that improve their success.
The Regional Director, Sales is a sales professional with significant enterprise/complex solution selling experience, preferably with a deep understanding of the marketing, media planning, and digital advertising technology ecosystem. This individual contributor position will be responsible for generating new business relationships and developing existing business within a designated territory. The position also requires an ability to understand and articulate the value of Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness, Media Analytics, and Data solutions to customers and partners up to the C-level. Candidates must have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding a revenue target and experience with value or solution based selling.
- Formalize a go-to-market strategy within qualified Advertiser accounts.
- Exceed monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets by cultivating existing client relationships and targeting prospective accounts within the assigned geographical and vertical market.
- Complex sales-cycle management; manage the entire sales process engaging the appropriate resources such as Sales Engineers, Client Services, Executives and Partners.
- Ensure delivery against key performance metrics, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, and account expansion
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline in Salesforce.com to ensure over-achievement.
- Engage and develop relationships with C-level executives, positioning Nielsen’s Plan/Optimize solutions through strategic value based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, references and analyst data.
- Generate short-term results whilst maintaining a long-term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation.
- Accurate quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Strong successful sales track record in meeting or exceeding assigned annual individual quota of $1.5M and above in new business
- Previous success in acquiring additional $3+MM from renewals of current contracts
- History of closing 6-figure to high 6-figure deals
- Relevant complex sales experience in advertising and/or Enterprise SaaS technology
- Adept at selling within long sales cycles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of solution/consultative selling.
- Accustomed to working remotely
- Experience with SalesLoft and creating communications cadences to engage new clients
NOTE: This position does provide a remote work arrangement. Once we resume business travel, this position will require approximately 20-30% domestic travel.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: Remote, NY – New York City, CA – Los Angeles,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time