North America / United States / CA / Los Angeles
Client Service & Sales
#: 77622-en_US / 77622
Research Analyst, NFL – 77622
Client Services and Sales – USA Los Angeles, California
Nielsen is looking for a talented Research Analyst to support its Sports Insights & Analytics practice. The Research Analyst will be onsite either at the National Football Leauge (NFL) Network in Los Angeles or at NFL Headquarters in New York City and manage all day to day media and ad expenditure requests of the NFL Research & Insights team.
Nielsen’s mission is to understand the fan, leveraging this understanding of fans as consumers, to benefit our clients. We do this through the latest data, tools and techniques throughout the whole of Nielsen and partnering outside of the business when necessary. Within the National Media vertical, you will provide insights to the NFL Network. Our involvement with clients spans their entire business, from identifying network performance, evaluating opportunities for capturing additional viewing on various platforms and the impact of the partners, evaluating creatives, to measuring the impact of their marketing activations. Our clients’ needs are domestic and global and you will be providing insight in whichever market our clients have a research needs.
The sole focus of this position will be to provide data & insights specifically for the NFL client; while sitting onsite at the NFL. You will provide the client with value-added analyses and insights to help the client interpret the data and make business decisions. You will also act as a Subject Matter Expert to address NFL client questions and concerns.
● Analyze and prepare custom on-going and ad-hoc reports with quantitative and qualitative data for the NFL as well as other Sports clients during the off-season
● Present analyses to NFL Research & Insights team, providing actionable insights that turn clients into advocates for our work
● Collaborate across various NFL departments and teams, to be the “voice” of the Nielsen and ensure that there is consistency of data interpretation; especially when comparing TV and Digital/Social
● Act as the first point of contact when there is a Nielsen related business issue raised by the NFL, requiring immediate attention
● Provide direction on Nielsen’s Total Audience initiative and address audience deduplication inquiries
● Work with NFL’s research and programming teams to provide data and insights in support of program scheduling
● Use our unique data and PowerPoint to tell a compelling and clear story to the NFL client
● Take responsibility of projects – ensuring the completeness and accuracy of data and deliverables using the NFL guidelines and formats
● Use your expertise of the client, industry and data to initiate additional analyses, potentially including other available data sources or new data collection methods, as appropriate, to address client business issues and showcase other Nielsen capabilities
● Be the day-to-day point of contact for clients for specific projects
● Work in close coordination with Entertainment and Sports Team to ensure that all client objectives are met
● Assist account reps on all sales opportunities
● Work with communications/marketing team for Nielsen editorials & wire posts as needed
● Bachelor's degree preferably in Marketing, Market Research, Communications or related field
● 1-3 years experience in Media Research, Marketing and Advertising
● Strong quantitative, data tabulation and analytic skills
● Ability to independently analyze data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations
● Analytic experience using Nielsen’s national and local TV measurement solutions; including NNTV, N-Power, Arianna and NLTV
● Knowledge of cable and broadcast network specific measurement nuances; including syndication
● Understanding of NFL Network related programs, schedules and coverage
● Have a natural curiosity
● Be an independent thinker
● Effective organizational skills providing the ability to identify priorities and meet all deadlines assigned
● A genuine understanding of the entertainment and sports industry
● Have the ability to work independently and autonomously and bring ideas to collaboration sessions
● Ability to effectively communicate with clients in verbal and written form
● Ability to both multi-task and pay attention to details
● Self-starter who has a strong drive to exceed expectations
● Strong interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external stakeholders
● Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
● Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, functions, formulas, charts, graphs)
● Flexibility to work late evenings and sporadic weekends, during the season
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Los Angeles,California
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, , ,