North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 82374-en_US / 82374
Research Analyst – 82374
Analytics – USA New York, New York
Research Analyst – The location for this role is US flexible, though New York, Chicago and Los Angeles are preferable.
As a Research Analyst, you will be executing survey-based research measuring advertising effectiveness, with clients such as Facebook, Twitter and Spotify. You will be part of a fast-paced team responsible for dealing directly with both external and internal stakeholders. On a daily basis, you will also need to understand an advertiser’s campaign and execute research on the campaign’s performance, all while maintaining a high level of quality assurance throughout each step of the process. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to assist in developing and performing deep-dive custom analyses under the guidance of research leads.
● Create detailed research analyses focused on the effectiveness of advertising
● Decide on the correct analytic approach(es) to measure campaigns and evaluate question selection/wording
● Work directly with stakeholders to interpret results of analytics, often presenting results directly to them
● Perform strong quality assurance checks on survey design and programming, data collection during survey flight, and finalized reports
● Investigate / raise questions when issues are discovered and proactively work to help find the root cause and resolve them
● Work as part of a team to create research solutions for new product developments on digital platforms
● Design and implement custom surveys and analyze and interpret findings, as necessary
● Select and manage external vendors
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
● Proficiency with Google Workplace and Microsoft Office suite of products (especially Excel,
● Good understanding of survey methodology
● Strong project management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
● Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
● Strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills
● Ability to deliver under deadlines
● Close attention to detail
● Eager to learn and develop skills
● 2 or more years of relevant quantitative market research experience
● Knowledge of marketing and advertising, ideally of the digital ad buying/selling ecosystem
and ad types
● Knowledge of SPSS, Python, VBA, and R scripting languages
About the Team
Global Product, Technology & Operations supports Nielsen Media’s growth strategy by enabling positive client and market solutions. Our Operations Team is in a unique position as the center of data collection, analysis and delivery. We deliver outcomes with the highest quality and integrity standards in an agile and transparent way while standing by our Nielsen values.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, IL – Chicago, PA – Philadelphia,