North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 111041-en_US / 111041
Research Manager – Media Survey Research Design Team – 111041
Operations – USA Chicago, Illinois
About the Job
Nielsen’s Plan/Optimize practice seeks to leverage Nielsen’s world class media research assets to provide best in class custom analytics to media companies, digital & technology companies, agencies, and advertisers.
The primary responsibility of this role is to design, price and propose strategic survey-based research studies.
As a member of the Media Survey Research (MSR) Design Team you will support our Media clients, Nielsen commercial teams, and others within the MSR Design Team, helping clients solve business problems via primary (survey-based) research. This includes advertising effectiveness research for a client pool of advertisers, media buyers, and sellers.
- Participate in discussions with internal and external clients in order to gain a better understanding of the client’s informational needs and research objectives.
- Design primary survey-based research solutions in collaboration with researchers responsible for oversight and delivery of primary research projects, and other members of the Design Team
- Design sample plans to ensure research sample supports the client’s analytical requirements
- Collaborate with Design and Research teams in the identification and development of repeatable research designs and/or approaches
- Collaborate with the Design Team and other internal groups to identify/create new and unique research solutions that bring together different Nielsen assets/capabilities, offering clients significant value-add
- Explore research feasibility and prepare research cost estimates
- Write research proposals describing research approach, recommendations and rationale for recommended approach(es)
- Partner with/support researchers throughout the various phases in the execution and delivery of commissioned research projects, including but limited to: preparation of the research plan, sample design, survey design, data collection, data processing, application and interpretation of analytic techniques and reporting.
- Bachelors degree and four or more years of relevant quantitative primary market research work experience
- Quantitative primary research experience in designing, proposing, executing, analyzing and delivering results for survey-based research studies
- Able to understand and recommend the appropriate solution to address different client business needs
- Strong client consultative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, team and customer servicing skills
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively within and across teams
- Develops strong working relationship with colleagues and clients; instills confidence
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and data visualization/dashboarding tools a plus
- Knowledge/interest in advertising and media industry a plus
- Advertising effectiveness or media research experience a plus
- Exposure to TV and digital advertising processes (how ads are developed, planned, measured, etc.) a plus
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,