North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Client Service & Sales
#: 83023-en_US / 83023
Sales Development Representative – 83023
Client Services and Sales – USA Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Plan/Optimize Practice Area helps clients plan, activate and measure the effectiveness of marketing and advertising. Utilizing our suite of solutions, clients are able to do everything from plan an advertising campaign, to answer questions related to the effectiveness of marketing content and brand resonance, to measuring the effectiveness of advertising on sales outcomes, in order to optimize current and future marketing spend.
The Plan/Optimize Sales Development Representative will work with a group of seasoned sales and analytic professionals to generate sales leads, schedule appointments for the sales team, and qualify leads created by the marketing department. The ideal candidate is competitive, energetic, passionate and aggressive in their pursuit of excellence.
● Generate new leads in prospective accounts
● Contact leads to set up appointments for senior members of the sales team
● Make outbound calls/emails and call on marketing-generated inbound leads
● Meet weekly/monthly/quarterly qualified leads and revenue objectives
● Demonstrate clear understanding of Nielsen’s sales processes
● Work with sales force to implement prospecting strategies
● Provide weekly accurate forecasts to the sales organization and executive management
● 1 to 2 years of sales related experience or similar
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● High level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism
● Self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills
● Open minded and a willingness to learn
● Discipline to maintain weekly client contact and meeting scheduling quota
● Competitive and focused on achieving goals
● Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
● Experience with Salesforce a plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, , ,