Greater China / Hong Kong / / Quarry Bay
#: 80681-en_US / 80681
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo, from Sydney to Mumbai, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
About the Role
This role will require you to identify and drive revenue and new business growth for Gracenote’s growing suite of metadata products with consumer electronics manufacturers, technology companies, IP TV/ cable operators, equipment manufacturers, broadcast networks, cable networks, streaming services, program distributors, program syndicators and software developers who may license Gracenote products and services in North Asia, in addition to managing existing local accounts The role will be focused on new business in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Use a thoroughly honed sales process which includes prospecting and developing relationships, analyzing needs and opportunities, negotiating contract terms, documenting activity and thoroughly following up on issues pertaining to the sale and delivery of services to customers
- Deliver business plans for new growth opportunities throughout your nominated region
- Manage accountability and performance for meeting individual revenue targets on a quarterly basis
- Assist in the development of the overall Asia revenue plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for each product in local territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, and promotional strategy and sales effort)
- Implement programs for improving and monitoring sales performance and productivity
- Identify new business opportunities and improve current products by maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry trends and competitive threats
- Assist with the developing and implementing competitive sales pricing and marketing strategies that allow Gracenote to compete and grow our business in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive product development and continuous improvement; coordinate targeted marketing campaigns and be the voice of Gracenote with major strategic customers
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven track record of sales revenue execution within the content / media services / metadata space at the $5-10 Million + volume level
- Demonstrated new business development experience with major entertainment and technology companies. Experience working with companies including Huawei, TCL, Oppo, Vivo, Tencent, Hisense, Xiaomi and Skyworth preferred
- Understanding and thought leadership on media and technology trends throughout North Asia and Mainland China
- Exceptional executive poise, communication, leadership, presentation, time management, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Multi-lingual in English, Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Proficiency with salesforce.com essential
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Commercial or related field preferred
- Ability to travel as required
About the Team
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world's hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!