North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 105204-en_US / 105204
Sales Manager – 105204
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
The Sales Manager, Plan/Optimize is a sales professional with solution selling experience, preferably with an understanding of the marketing and TV advertising and digital ecosystem. The position will be responsible for generating new business relationships and developing existing business within a designated territory. The position also requires an ability to understand and articulate the value of Nielsen’s Plan/Optimize solutions to customers and prospects. Candidates must have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding a sales quota and experience with value or solution-based selling.
- Formalize a go-to-market strategy within qualified accounts.
- Exceed monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets by cultivating existing client relationships and targeting prospective strategic accounts within Nielsen Local TV and National Media client account verticals
- Complex sales-cycle management; manage the entire sales process engaging the appropriate resources such as Sales Engineers, Client Services, Executives and Partners.
- Ensure delivery against key performance metrics, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, and account expansion
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline in Salesforce.com to ensure over-achievement.
- Engage and develop relationships with key client/prospect stakeholders, positioning Nielsen’s Plan/Optimize solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, references and analyst data.
- Generate short-term results whilst maintaining a long-term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation.
- Accurate quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Strong successful sales track record in meeting or exceeding assigned annual individual quota of $2M and above in new business
- History of closing high volume smaller transaction size deals
- Relevant sales experience in advertising and/or the TV media ecosystem
- Adept at selling within short high volume transactional sales cycles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of solution/consultative selling.
- Accustomed to working remotely
This position provides a flexible work opportunity for a well-qualified candidate. Up to 25% travel may be required as we emerge from the COVID pandemic.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time