North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 99041-en_US / 99041
Salesforce Developer (Remote OK) – 99041
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
At Nielsen, our obsession with understanding consumer behavior through technology is what motivates us. As part of our Commercial Ops Technology team, the Salesforce Developer guides digital transformation by aligning business and technology, selecting the right design solutions that maximize business value, and advocates for best practices that create frictionless customer experiences using Salesforce.
- Design, develop, test and deploy high quality solutions on the Salesforce platform using Apex, Lightning Web Components, Asynchronous Apex, Triggers, Batch Apex, Schedule Jobs, Events and Lightning Data Service.
- Perform code reviews with external vendor development resources to incorporate Salesforce best practices and principles of scalability and information security.
- Design and develop Salesforce integrations with other applications leveraging Soap/Rest APIs, Web Services, Connectors using middleware tools such as Dell Boomi, SAP PI/PO and DBAmp.
- Be part of the Agile Scrum team and actively participate in all Agile meetings.
- Participate in storyboarding/solution design sessions, recommend alternate approaches, define technical impacts, and provide sizing estimates for user stories.
- Collaborate & communicate effectively with internal product teams, business sponsors, executives, vendors, stakeholders, and other IT teams across Nielsen.
- Manage deployments and migrate code across Salesforce Environments using DevOps tools such as GearSet, GitHub and other industry standard tools.
- Optimize and improve existing Salesforce implementations to derive the maximum efficiency and usability for business users.
- Present multiple technical solutions and articulate the Pros and Cons of each.
- Recommend and configure Salesforce Appexchange Apps to meet business needs.
- Debug configuration and code created by other developers and conduct root cause analysis.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
With your critical and strategic thinking abilities, you can create opportunities to better our business. You approach challenges from new angles, discovering unique solutions that are efficient and effective. You have passion to develop technical solutions in Salesforce to help our Sales team sell faster and better.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field required (Computer Science, Computer and Information Technology, Systems Analysis & Design, Management Information Systems, Information Sciences and Technology, IT Management, Management Information Systems, Business Information Technology, Decision Support Systems)
- 6 to 8 years of experience in Salesforce Development using Apex, Lightning Web Components, VisualForce.
- 2 years of experience in Salesforce Integration technologies using Rest/Soap APIs, Web Services and middleware tools such as Dell Boomi, SAP PI/PO
- Active Salesforce certifications, preferably Platform Developer I & II, Development Lifecycle and Deployment Design, and Integration Architecture Designer.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of cross functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, IL – Chicago, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar,