North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 79782-en_US / 79782
Schedule Editor – 79782
Gracenote – USA Oldsmar, Florida
Job Title: Schedule Editor, M-F 8:00 am-430pm
Reports to: Team Lead, Ingest
Salary: Entry Level
Procure satellite, cable and pay-per-view TV listings information, establishes multiple database records and maintains accurate database information for timely use in all products.
- Edits and maintains television schedules and database information for satellite, pay cables, and pay-per-view listings for all markets.
- Analyzes program schedules, assess database information and researches, and creates database content for original series and specials.
- Researches and documents questionable program content by consulting program information providers and/or in house personnel.
- Initiates and maintains effective relationships with programming information providers and acts as a customer service representative when addressing issues concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Analyzes, develops and recommends solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs to ensure the accuracy of editorial listings, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Analyze program information provided by sources, assess database information and map ID’s correctly within the mapping interface.
- Provides timely updating of listing’s information outside regular business hours as needed.
- Directs workflow for absent teammates and provides cross-shift updating coverage to create an independent team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management team.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in English or media-related field or related TV-listings experience.
- Two years editorial TV-listings experience preferred
- Must have keyboarding and Windows proficiency.
- Must demonstrate exceptional grammatical, organizational, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong satisfactory to exceptional accuracy and efficiency in level 10 editing.
- AP Stylebook knowledge preferred.
- Must work with high level of autonomy.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: NY- Queensbury, , ,