North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 83841-en_US / 83841
Schedule Editor – 83841
Gracenote – USA Oldsmar, Florida
POSITION: Sports Ingest Editor (Mon-Fri 1-930p)
REPORTS TO: Ingest Team Lead
LOCATION: Queensbury, NY / Oldsmar FL
SALARY: Entry Level
ROLE: Gracenote is looking for a sports-minded individual to research, gather and process sports information from regional and national sports channels, pro and college leagues for entry into Gracenote databases; serve as a sports liaison to the Ingest department and Gracenote business units around the globe.
- Establishes and maintains TV schedules for national, regional and pay-per-view sports cable channels in the United States and Canada.
- Communicate with sources to ensure accuracy and timely updating.
- Enters and maintains league schedules, non-team events, and specials in the database.
- Participates in OVD/Streaming mapping for events
- Assists with seasonal projects such as NBA and NHL playoffs.
- Assists other Gracenote departments and clients with sports queries.
- Assists department manager/senior with special tasks as they arise.
- Must be organized, possess multi-tasking ability and be attentive to detail.
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of North American-based sports leagues; International sports knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotation which includes night and weekend coverage.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: NY- Queensbury, , ,