India / India / KA / Bengaluru
#: 108181-en_US / 108181
ABOUT THIS JOB
We won’t say we can predict the future, but our team of Analysts get pretty close, they turn millions of
data points into useful information & insights that help our clients to make better decisions on their
marketing mix and achieve superior results. Be part of the future and join in on one of the major
transformations in the market research industry with the integration of big data and classic marketing
In the MMM Data Analytics team you will be exposed to various client databases and helping the client
understand the needs of MMM and collecting the data directly from them. It is the data analytics team’s
responsibility to process all client provided data and present with the key callouts on what to expect
from the MMM models. You will be exposed to various data for various media activities across CPG
and non CPG clients in this role.
- Deliver as a part of our consultant team in driving high quality results on custom project work.
- Ensure effective and timely delivery of project work.
- Work towards understanding statistical models and deliver business insights and findings.
- Ensure compliance to MMM modeling practices and company quality standards.
- Maximize the efficient and effective use of resource by utilizing appropriate processes and
- To build and maintain effective contacts with other departments to ensure the efficient and
effective use of resources.
- Liaise with appropriate MMM and Nielsen departments to ensure hardware and software
requirements are fulfilled.
- Work with co/ third party modellers to deliver business insights and findings.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Good communication skills both in talking and writing
- M.Sc. / M.A – Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Sciences Or MBA with analytics related focus/ other data analytics related degrees
- Basic understanding of Market Research, statistical modeling techniques and applications
- Attention to detail while working on small and large data volumes
- Good and working knowledge of any statistical languages like R, Python, SAS, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint, or PowerBI/ Tableau software
- Proactive and collaborative mindset
- Understanding of numbers, ability to sense check independently
- Logical bent of mind with the ability to make fact based assumptions where required
- Solid proficiency of decision making and problem resolution skills
- Understanding of and working against the importance of managing deadlines
- Passion for results with a challenger mind-set
ABOUT THE TEAM
If you are passionate about clients, hungry to learn and want to drive change, join Nielsen Media’s
Market Mix Modeling team! Our Modeling team use their deep understanding of the business context,
evolving client needs, underlying data, and their data science skills to apply the latest methodologies
and technologies to innovate across Nielsen’s product portfolio.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about
what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and
platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are
armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts,
ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new
technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made
strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart,
fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates
you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Bengaluru,Karnataka
Secondary Locations: , , ,