India / India / / Vadodara
#: 100684-en_US / 100684
ABOUT THIS JOB
We won’t say we can predict the future, but our team of Analysts get pretty close, they turn millions of data points into useful information & insights that help our clients to make better decisions on their marketing mix and achieve superior results. Be part of the future and join in on one of the major transformations in the market research industry with the integration of big data and classic marketing mix analysis.
In the MMM Data Analytics team you will be exposed to various client databases and helping the client understand the needs of MMM and collecting the data directly from them. It is the data analytics team’s responsibility to process all client provided data and present with the key callouts on what to expect from the MMM models. You will be exposed to various data for various media activities across CPG and non CPG clients in this role.
- Deliver as a part of our consultant team in driving high quality results on custom project work.
- Ensure effective and timely delivery of project work.
- Work towards understanding statistical models and deliver business insights and findings.
- Ensure compliance to MMM modeling practices and company quality standards.
- Maximize the efficient and effective use of resource by utilizing appropriate processes and tools.
- To build and maintain effective contacts with other departments to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources.
- Liaise with appropriate MMM and Nielsen departments to ensure hardware and software requirements are fulfilled.
- Work with co/ third party modellers to deliver business insights and findings.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Curiosity drives your interest in what moves the market. You find potential in percentages. Managing time and deadlines comes naturally to you. You’re known for your impeccable organization. Connecting with clients matters to you, and that motivates you to sift through data for a new angle. You can identify the narratives behind numbers, and you’re always looking for what’s next.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Good communication skills both in talking and writing
- M.Sc. / M.A – Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Sciences
- Or MBA with analytics related focus/ other data analytics related degrees
- Basic understanding of Market Research, statistical modeling techniques and
- Attention to detail while working on small and large data volumes
- Good and working knowledge of any statistical languages like R, Python, SAS, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint, or PowerBI/ Tableau software
- Proactive and collaborative mindset
- Understanding of numbers, ability to sense check independently
- Logical bent of mind with the ability to make fact based assumptions where required
- Solid proficiency of decision making and problem resolution skills
- Understanding of and working against the importance of managing deadlines
- Passion for results with a challenger mind-set
ABOUT THE TEAM
If you are passionate about clients, hungry to learn and want to drive change, join Nielsen Media’s Market Mix Modeling team! Our Modeling team use their deep understanding of the business context, evolving client needs, underlying data, and their data science skills to apply the latest methodologies and technologies to innovate across Nielsen’s product portfolio.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!