North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 83181-en_US / 83181
Senior Data Engineer – 83181
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Explore and Discover Nielsen Global Media! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms
We are presently looking for Senior Data Engineer in our Big Data team to help ingest and process and consolidate video metadata from all around the world.
Tech Stack: Scala, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Pig or Hive, Apache Ignite, AWS, MapReduce, Java, AWS
This team is comprised of Engineers with experience building profiles, analytics, and big data platforms for leading web consumer and open source companies in the Bay Area.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Developing an ingestion and processing platform for terabytes of video metadata using a variety of tools such as Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Cassandra, and Apache Ignite
- Figuring out ways to speed up our processing pipeline using in memory RDD databases like Apache Ignite
- Brainstorming ideas to potentially store all the world’s video, sports, and music data in an entertainment graph
- Operating and scaling our infrastructure in AWS
- 5+ years experience in Java or Scala development
- 3+ years development with MapReduce, Apache Hadoop,Apache kafka and Apache Spark
- 2+ years of working experience in AWS,Azure or GCP
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Desire to continually work to improve as a software engineer and architect
- Ability to work as a part of a team and self-motivated
- BS in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent work experience, Master’s preferred
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: NY- Queensbury, , ,